Sign in to follow this  
Brightside

First six games. How many points?

We''ve got a relitively easy start to the season and should get a good haul of points in our first six games. We should win our home games against Everton Villa and Southampton and pick up points away at Spurs Stoke and Hull. We should be looking at a minimum of 12 points by October. We''ll need these as our following games against Chelsea Arsenal ManC with only Cardiff at home will be tough.

I know it all balances out over a season but it would be nice to get a psychological advantage of a good number of points and league position early on.

[quote user="Brightside"]We''ve got a relitively easy start to the season and should get a good haul of points in our first six games. We should win our home games against Everton Villa and Southampton and pick up points away at Spurs Stoke and Hull. We should be looking at a minimum of 12 points by October. We''ll need these as our following games against Chelsea Arsenal ManC with only Cardiff at home will be tough.

I know it all balances out over a season but it would be nice to get a psychological advantage of a good number of points and league position early on.[/quote]

''Should'' beat Everton, Southampton and Villa? Last season we only got 1 point from the last two at Carrow Road and were 1-0 down to Everton until the 84th minute.

I think 12 points is a big ask.

From those 6 games I would predict 6 points.

A "relatively easy start"......I just think its not as tough as our final six matches, BUT still it''s tough and never easy in this league. Everton for example are a very decent side, with a new Manager and they will really want to impress, Villa will always be tough as a result of the "PL factor", Spurs are a top side, Stoke never easy away and have a new Manager and Hull will actually see us as one of their "winnable" games, so I am going for 9 or 10 points, more would be fantastic and are required when considering our run in.