Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Leroy Fer suspended?

I guess we''ll go with Johnson and Howson holding and Hoolahan further forward if this is true. Shame because Fer played well in the more attacking position tonight.

[quote user="Philipo87"]Its a 1 match suspension transferred from the Dutch FA[/quote]FFS I know it''s one game but how the hell did the club not know this shocking if true.

[quote user="AJ"]What''s to say they didn''t know?[/quote]

"Hughton also says that Fer may be suspended for Everton game. Club checking on that one."

[quote user="AJ"]What''s to say they didn''t know?[/quote]"Hughton also says that Fer may be suspended for Everton game. Club checking on that one."doesn''t exactly sound like they knew !

[quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="AJ"]What''s to say they didn''t know?[/quote]

"Hughton also says that Fer may be suspended for Everton game. Club checking on that one."

doesn''t exactly sound like they knew !
[/quote]

Surely the club should be more aware of what comes with the player they''ve purchased?

It''s only one game, what ever Premiership team he would of joined it would have been the same. Big deal. Better to have him the rest of the season than not at all.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

[quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="AJ"]What''s to say they didn''t know?[/quote]"Hughton also says that Fer may be suspended for Everton game. Club checking on that one."doesn''t exactly sound like they knew ![/quote]

Surely the club should be more aware of what comes with the player they''ve purchased?

[/quote]Exactly, makes us look a little red faced planing for the first game of the season possible with Leroy Fer as a starter.

[quote user="Twitchy"][quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

[quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="AJ"]What''s to say they didn''t know?[/quote]"Hughton also says that Fer may be suspended for Everton game. Club checking on that one."doesn''t exactly sound like they knew ![/quote]

[/quote]Exactly, makes us look a little red faced planing for the first game of the season possible with Leroy Fer as a starter.[/quote]"possibly"

Its no big deal - he could pick up an injury in training/playing tonight in which case "Plan B" would come into force.  Same applies here.  He looked good and wouldn''t like to think any fan would say we shouldn''t have signed him because of one match.  Don''t agree it makes us look red faced - just get on with it. 

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]We should have loaned him out to a football league club and given them £5k[/quote]

What if we''d loaned him out to Accrington, and within 10 minutes he got clobbered up the wazzoo by Eddie "Tubs" McPhee, the fattest and clumsiest right back in western europe?

[quote user="newbe"]

Its no big deal - he could pick up an injury in training/playing tonight in which case "Plan B" would come into force.  Same applies here.  He looked good and wouldn''t like to think any fan would say we shouldn''t have signed him because of one match.  Don''t agree it makes us look red faced - just get on with it. 

[/quote]I''m not saying we should not have signed the lad, far from it, I''m a big fan of Fer but I still think we look a little red faced in not knowing about the ban.

[quote user="Alan_Grey"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]We should have loaned him out to a football league club and given them £5k[/quote]

What if we''d loaned him out to Accrington, and within 10 minutes he got clobbered up the wazzoo by Eddie "Tubs" McPhee, the fattest and clumsiest right back in western europe?[/quote]eHe wouldn''t be playing... He''s suspended!

There is no doubt he is suspended as he is on the FA''s suspension list - the question is why is he suspended?
Fer wasn''t sent off in any games for Twente last season (although those types of bans wouldn''t normally be carried over) so this must be something else. Would love to know what it is for...

It''s not really a biggie, Suarez is banned for 10(?) games isn''t he - it hasn''t stopped the Arsenal bidding £40m. We may just have to wait on releasing Fer on the PL, that''s all.

Funny how people read into things.

I would see ''the club is checking on this'' as not that they didn''t know, but that they are looking into whether it is right and that the governing bodies haven''t made a mistake (it has happened before) or if there is anything they can do to have it overturned.

Shame, looks like a fantastic player from what I''ve seen. And Everton fans on twitter were pretty bitter about him signing for us, so would have been nice to shove it in their faces on opening days.

He picked up 2 yellow cards during the 4 Dutch Europa League Play-off matches FC Twente played and that results in a 1 game suspension apparently.

But he only received 3 yellow cards in normal league games all season.

Why the FA are applying the suspension to the first game of a Premier League season is beyond me - it''s nothing to do with the Dutch play-offs which obviously tightens the rules to stop players taking a yellow card in every game without punishment.