Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Garrido v Olsonn

Went last night and thought it was a very entertaining game against very good opposition, Olsson played the majority of the game being replaced in the last quarter by Garrido. I am a big fan of garrido but I was very very impressed by Olsonn who was both strong and very very fast. we looked somewhat weaker when he came off. I think this game will go a decent way to deciding who will start v Everton and for me Olsonn

Looking forward to Saturdays game, i have to say YC with GB''s image starring back at me as i read your posts its as if i have somehow tuned into TMS and dear Geoffrey is personally reading the text for me in my head.

H

Been very impressed with Olsson, think he will be giving Garrido more than a run for his money

[quote user="alartz"]Garrido looked way out of his depth. Made loads of errors the minute he was on.

Olsson was class. Along with Fer.[/quote]
Could have been nerves though, he is a Real Sociedad legend. Came through their academy and was a local boy. 

What hughton has obviously done is create a fierce competition there, unlike in the strikers or central midfield area, he didn''t spend a great deal on the left back. I consider them both to be more or less the same quality and the idea is for them to give 110% every time they go on the pitch. Although I would have liked a fair amount spent in this position (i thought the price we paid for Olsson was too steep) to get a higher quality, the problem is, is that there aren''t that many out there and I suppose we have the extra funds to address other areas of the team (CB for example)

Thought the price we were rumoured to have paid for Olsson was very reasonable considering his age and status as an international. Although we don''t know how much wonga he is on. 
A major plus with the Olsson deal is that he can play left wing, that allowed us to get Surman out and covers us if Pilkington gets injuries again this year.

Based on last night''s performance from Olsson it isn''t looking good for Javi.

Thought Olsson had a good game defensively and going forward. Garrido wasn''t as bad when he came on as some are making out and actually made a couple of timely interceptions and blocks. Based purely on last night, Olsson would get the nod but it will be interesting to see just how we line up against Everton.

Martin was arguably the best player in the defense last night. Defensively anyway. Whittaker was by far the weakest.