Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

4 Years Ago Tomorrow

Crikey, shows how far we''ve come so quickly - after that game, anyone saying that four years later we''d be sat here on the verge of a third consecutive PL season would have quite probably and quite reasonably been sectioned!

What a joyous day that was. I was quite optimistic at 3 o''clock. Roughly an hour or so later I was getting the train home.

One of the best atmospheres I can remember before a match.   Full house, full of optimism, ''lets get stuck in to this season'' attitude.   Freak result or not, rabbits in headlights or not - it changed the course of history - for the better.  So shouldn''t we say thank goodness for the 1-7 ?  [:^)].    

Me and a few others. There was quite a lot that had had enough.

Similar to Fulham last year.

I have only left early twice.

I got on the wrong train home. I ended up at ipswich train station wearing a city shirt legless with a pack of carling under my arm!I got back onto the train back to norwich , showed my ticket to the conductor and he said " i''m not even charging you mate i feel sorry for you!"I should have got the train back up north!One hell of a bad day out that oneThe rest is history as they say ..............

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]I got on the wrong train home. I ended up at ipswich train station wearing a city shirt legless with a pack of carling under my arm!I got back onto the train back to norwich , showed my ticket to the conductor and he said " i''m not even charging you mate i feel sorry for you!"I should have got the train back up north!One hell of a bad day out that oneThe rest is history as they say ..............[/quote]I love football stories like that.

Really easy to say now, but after that game I said to people that this could prove to be a massive watershed moment for us. Really should have put some kind of bet on with that statement, though I confess my idea of watershed moment didn''t exactly foresee a life in the Prem within just 24 months!! Our fall was spectacular but our rise eclipsed that, and then some.

In 100 years time, those followers of NCFC will be well tuned to the heroics of 2009 to 2013. Just enjoy that we all live in the most spectacular time supporting NCFC for more than a century!!

Nice one Flecky. I will always remember leaving 10 minutes into the second half of THAT game and finding my mate sitting all forlorn on a grassy knoll near County Hall.

As a footnote I would say that I have seen many centre forwards play for us over the last 50 plus years but dear old Holty is head and shoulders above all of them for character skill and leadership. Watching the latest Holty video on youtube it really brings it home what fantastic football we played under Lambert.

Onwards now with Hoots

I can vividly remember the seventh goal crashing in and my Dad telling me that this may be a good thing in the long run.

Needless to say I slaughtered him for it.

Happy to be wrong.

An omen for us getting them in the cup draw tomorrow?

Oh no they lost 5-1 at home to posh