Sign in to follow this  
Crystal Canary

Stephen Fry

Not football related, but if you haven''t read it already, have a look at Stephen''s awesome letter to Cameron and the IOC regarding their decision to host the Winter Olympics in Russia.

http://stephen-fry-me.tumblr.com/post/57612770175/open-letter-to-david-cameron-and-the-ioc

We should be incredibly proud to have such an amazing and eloquent board member at Norwich.

He lost me at "I especially appeal to you, Prime Minister, a man for whom I have the utmost respect" - but then I read on. Stirring stuff, proud to have him associated with the club.

The only negative point is that much of what he writes is completely untrue. The Russian bill is very similar to the UK''s ''clause 28'' of the 1980s. It just fines people for spreading "gay propaganda" to children. No one is going to jail for talking about Tchaikovsky. It''s ridiculous to compare it to Nazism. I don''t think we should be calling Russians Nazis when over 20 million of them were killed in WW2.

With you on this Kangaroo. Mr Fry is a great personality and wit but should stick to that but like all the luvvies and lefties they cant stop telling the rest of us what is right and what is wrong.

Before anyone jumps down my throat, the term luvvies cover all those in the arts. I thank you!!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]With you on this Kangaroo. Mr Fry is a great personality and wit but should stick to that but like all the luvvies and lefties they cant stop telling the rest of us what is right and what is wrong.

Before anyone jumps down my throat, the term luvvies cover all those in the arts. I thank you!![/quote]

If this were a well known tv show you''d have probably gained a couple of points  for inadvertent usage of the term Luvvies when discussing Stephen Fry.Link to Youtube clip.

Well written and thoughtful. Shame also that Russia and Qatar have the next two world cups despite a shameful record on gay rights.

A good case could be made for preventing almost any sporting event being hosted by a particular country. There were probably at least as valid reasons for trying to prevent last summers olympics being hosted by Britain because of the invasions of Iraq or Afghanistan for example. On the contrary, Fry seemed to heartily enjoy them.You probably couldn''t fault Fry if he wrote to the PM appealing for the British government to protest to the Russians on the issue, but all any talk of banning, boycotting and suchlike is going over the top. Whatever the rights or wrongs of the British or Russian situations, Fry is just engaging in an exercise of utter hypocrisy.

[quote user="Number 9"]Is Putin doing the security at home games this season?[/quote]

Would definitely solve the standing in the Barclay issue. Maybe they could rename the hotel to the Gulag Inn.

None of this ''colors of the rainbow malarkey, if Putin ran Carrow Road he would copy Cardiff and turn everything red.