Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Pilko Pants

Looks like Pilkington is pulling out of the Ireland game again... I think this is the 4th time now! Perhaps he''s holding out hope for England and doesn''t want to let the Irish down?!

Pilkington suffers so many niggly injuries that I''m worried we won''t see the best of him again. Really hopes he puts them behind him, was stop-start all last season and was only at the top of his game on occasion. 
Also hope that he isn''t destined not to get a cap, like Darren Eadie. He got called up several times I believe. It seems to be a curse inflicted on Norwich players. Let''s hope Ruddy recovers in time for Scotland also, if he is in the frame. 

[quote user="Snoddys Jockstrap"]it doesnt matter, we have redmond. Pilks is second string now.[/quote]
No chance. Redmond is still a kid, if you play kids every week they burn out, lose form, and will get injuries. I would be willing to place a £10 bet with anybody that Pilkington will start at least as many games as Redmond this season. 

I think Pilks will begin the season as our number 1 (if he''s fit in time), but then will get a little niggle which keeps him out and then he won''t get back in as Redmond looks very handy.

[quote user="Vazzza"]I think Pilks will begin the season as our number 1 (if he''s fit in time), but then will get a little niggle which keeps him out and then he won''t get back in as Redmond looks very handy.[/quote]Is that why Ruddy isn''t playing??? [:''(]

My secret source at the club (brothers mothers cousins ex school teacher who works on the pie section) tells me that its 110% truth that Ruddy slept with Pilkingtons wife, and ruddy and him had serious fisticuffs leaving them both injured. Heard it here first!

[quote user="Ches right hand man "]He doesn''t have "many injuries" he has a recurring one, which is why he is in London to rectify it. [/quote]
12/1309.03.201306.04.2013Hamstring Injury
12/1302.02.201323.02.2013Hamstring Injury
12/1324.09.201205.10.2012Back Injury
11/1218.03.201208.04.2012Hamstring Injury
He currently has a knee injury.

Agree that on his day can be the best player on the park by a country mile - a very talented footballer, and scored a lot of good goals for us in his first season, and did good again last year.

Went missing in too many games last season though, which I''d put down to not being fully fit. Hopefully he''ll be pumped and raring to go this year though!