Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

i think

we are contenders for 6th place, whisper it quietly

swansea - europa league is not a blessingeverton  - new manager, fellaini probably going to leave, they wont be as good as they have in recent yearsliverpool - LOL louis suarez. that is all. they could be royally screwed, whether he stays or not, gerrards knees wont be getting any better eithernewcastle - aint what they were 2 seasons ago, kinnear/pardew drama will probably eruptstoke - LOL new manager - mark hughes. sinking ship, might well regret complaining about boring tonysunderland - LOL angry drama loving fascist with squad that already hates himwest brom - no lukakuso that leaves villa, west ham, and saints.....first time since we came back up im not thinking about being in a relegation battle

Admire the optimism, and whilst you never say never, I can''t see us finishing 6th.

ahhh non you misunderstandcontenders for 6thi think it top 10 is more likely, in fact i think it should be expected given the money being thrown around

no excuses

Premiership survival is every clubs aim, goals can be higher. Personally I believe we should look for a cup run and concentrate on the carling cup.

I don''t think you should immediately dismiss Cardiff. I don''t think they''ll finish anywhere near 6th. But they''ve made good signings in caulker and cornelius and I''d wager there is more chance of them finishing higher than Stoke or Sunderland.

I think the top 6 are fairly nailed on to be the usual teams, Man U, Man C, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham and Liverpool. After that though I think it is pretty open, Everton will probably fall away a little with Moyes leaving and the team adapting to a new manager.

The mid table of the Premier League has a decent amount of rotation with teams like Fulham, WBA, Swansea and Newcastle all unexpectedly finishing around 7th in recent years - there is no reason that Norwich can''t be like that next season. Only 10 points seperated WBA in 8th to Sunderland in 17th last season.

I will caveat this by saying I''m sure there are fans of around 10 clubs saying exactly the same thing as this.

And ip5w1ch won all their pre season games and look how their season has started. Pre season is all about match sharpness and fitness. Do you think scoring 8 goals against a non league team is as beneficial as playing against a team that finished 4th in la liga, strikers testing themselves against a good team with good defenders. If its all about scoring goals we might aswell play gorleston and yarmouth.