Sign in to follow this  
pete

Who can play Saturday?

With the internationals next week we may be unable to play a number of players who may be subject to call ups i.e squad get together . R Martin, Whitts and Snoddy for Scotland, Wes for RoI and RVW for Holland maybe even Hooper could get a call. Even if no call ups would we want players to play 3 games in a week before Prem kick off?

Could be a shadow squad on Saturday.

I think we''ll pretty much play the team we are planning on using against Everton. Last chance to bed the new guys in and get them playing together. These guys are used to playing 2 games a week so shouldn''t be a problem, and I don''t think any of the internationals have got much distance to travel.

Not sure about Fer however. As hes suspended for the Everton game, I''d actually leave him out of the starting 11 and go with the midefield we are planning on using. (Guess that''ll be BJ, Howson and Wes??)

I suspect the players and club will already know if they have been called up or not (Pilkington has already withdrawn from the Ireland squad, so he must have been in it). Those on international duty will only play 45 minutes, doubt that fatique is a major concern at this stage in the season only match sharpness. Would be a greater concern in the second half of the season. 
Be interesting to see if Ruddy is fit and in the squad. I said at the time that I wonder whether he was left out as a precaution due to an England call up, would like to see him involved again. Not much between him and Hart in my eyes.

I expect we will see a few who didnt start midweek. Ruddy, R.Bennett , Garrido, E.Bennett, Tettey, Hoolahan, Hooper definately starters. And even maybe the likes of Butterfield and Becchio:

Ruddy

Whittaker Bennett Turner Garrido

Tettey Johnson

Butterfield Hoolahan Bennett

Hooper

Is my prediction, Hooper, Turner & Johnson need game time.

Surely we''ll play the side thats likely to start vs Everton?....as they are international friendlies in midweek and are taking place on a Wednesday instead of a Tuesday I dont see that the various FA''s can dictate who can/can''t play the previous Saturday?

It might however influence how many minutes Hughton gives players who are likely to play again on Wednesday. Martin/Whittaker and Snodgrass would probably all start for Scotland as they played in their last match where they won in Croatia. Who knows what Trappatoni will do with Hoolahan?.....not sure whether the likes of Ruddy,Tettey,Olsson and Redmond will feature for there international teams.

Van Wolfswinkel is in the dutch sqaud too , on paper is 4th choice striker in their squad?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Surely we''ll play the side thats likely to start vs Everton?

[/quote]

Maybe. Maybe not.

It could still be about players up to speed even if they''re not likely to start against Everton. What happens if someone who is in the team gets injured in the next week? Their replacement needs to be sharp enough to come into the team.

They''ll probably just work on the Everton line up in training.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Surely we''ll play the side thats likely to start vs Everton?....as they are international friendlies in midweek and are taking place on a Wednesday instead of a Tuesday I dont see that the various FA''s can dictate who can/can''t play the previous Saturday?

It might however influence how many minutes Hughton gives players who are likely to play again on Wednesday. Martin/Whittaker and Snodgrass would probably all start for Scotland as they played in their last match where they won in Croatia. Who knows what Trappatoni will do with Hoolahan?.....not sure whether the likes of Ruddy,Tettey,Olsson and Redmond will feature for there international teams.

Van Wolfswinkel is in the dutch sqaud too , on paper is 4th choice striker in their squad?

[/quote]

Tettey isn''t in the Norway squad - he has only ever been a fringe player for Norway and hasn''t been featuring for them recently. Olsson is in the Sweden squad (who play Norway on the 14th). The England U21s squad hasn''t been announced yet (to my knowledge, I guess that also happens today) but Redmond is likely to feature in that game on Tuesday.

I guess there will be some rotation in the game on Saturday to take the international fixtures into account - don''t want to burn out players, but it is also important to get everyone in the position they can''t last 90 mins against Everton. Hughton mentioned that Olsson was ''blowing'' in the 2nd half on Tuesday, so he needs a bit more fitness.