Sign in to follow this  
NCFC for life 1993-

Another striker?

Does anyone else think we need someone as a target man in th mould of Holt? Although I am pleased with the new signings in my opinion RVW, Gary Hopper and Becchio don''t fit the target man category?

Yeah I reckon another striker would be beneficial. There''s no evidence so far to suggest our goal scoring frailties will be overcome so far. On paper we look stronger but RVW, Hooper and Becchio are all unproven at this level. Becchio IMO has done nothing to suggest he''s up to premiership football at all.

It would be nice if we could sign someone who has some premiership goal scoring experience to take the pressure of a little. I know this suggestion will be unpopular but for me if we could sign someone like Andy Johnson on a short term deal this could help. Obviously he''d have to fit into our wage structure and given his age perhaps he''s happier to get paid more at QPR. But if he stays fit, he could definately still put the ball in the net at his level. Not all pros in their thirtys are demotivated and only interested in a last pay day.

[quote user="NCFC for life 1993-"]Does anyone else think we need someone as a target man in th mould of Holt? Although I am pleased with the new signings in my opinion RVW, Gary Hopper and Becchio don''t fit the target man category?[/quote]

I''ve heard that Hopper is good in the air.