Sign in to follow this  
Alan_Grey

Piece on Norwich aimed at the Americans....

Nice little intro here, seems quite positive and actually has its facts right!

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/07/premier-league-team-guide-the-lowdown-on-norwich-city-video/?

Not much in it beyond mundane pop culture-type factoids and bland generalizations young kids might think is "neat-o " but real soccer fans will find uninformative and basically insulting. Who does NBC has been watching Fox Soccer Channel all these years before they outbid them for broadcast rights? Are the ads at halftime going to be for Frosted Flakes and G.I. Joes?

No matter what is written about Norwich City, positive or negative, some moron will always complain about it. Sigh.

Really I don''t even have the willpower to rebuke all that, but basically let it be known that this was a bizarre rant, even for this board. You have missed the point completely. I am stupider for having read your post. I will from now on mentally skip over any post you make.

One of the benefits of the switch from Fox to NBC is hopefully no more Wraaren Barton and the little jibes like "this is only Norwich" when City have the better of a bigger teams.

AG, I don''t believe you won''t see this. I''m highly amused you took my comments on the NBC intro so personally. I''m beginningto think you or your family were involved in its production.

It is aimed at simpletons and/or people who know absolutely nothing about not only NCFC but about the Prem. If you think a casual fan would see that and go, "I want to watch NBC on Saturday morning (games kick off at 9am Central time) instead of cartoons," then your opinion of Americans and soccer fans in general is disrespectfully low.

I''m embarrassed by that piece but not surprised NBC made it. They have no idea who their soccer audience is.

And yes, Warren Barton almost chokes when he has to admit Norwich played well or deserved a victory or belong in the Prem (ha ha) but at least he doesn''t say it like he''s talking to children like NBC does.

BYG, that link was excellent. It''s geared to the appropriate audience. Seems NBC does recognize there is a sizeable audience already in place that doesn''t need its hand held, and its hilarious as it makes good fun of a sort of well intentioned coach who has no idea he is way out of his depth.

"HEY Y''ALL! IT''S ALL ABOUT SOCCERBALLKICKYRUNNYAFTERCHASEYSHOOTYSCOREYROUNDYTHING"

........No Pads......No Helmets.......Just Balls......