Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Any chance we can you know.. discuss football

It''s a bit worrying how many threads are spiraling into slagging matches and "bullying" contests recently.Perhaps bullying is a tad over the top, but some of these posts if reported could certainly land their users in deep trouble (especially with all the noise being made over Twitter / Social media bullying this past week)Not sure why it''s happening, but it''s not healthy for the forum or posters who want to actually have debates over the real issue this message board was made for... Norwich City.Now I haven''t been here very long, but it seems almost out of the blue every single topic is being derailed and turned into some quite nasty exchanges.Seeing we are a week away from one of Norwich City''s most exciting seasons ever...Have spent nearly £30 million on players...Have just drawn with 2 very big European sides in Pre Season...Have lots to look forward to in the coming weeks / months...Can we at least try to discuss football ....

Only needs a couple of moderators assigned, but that would make far too much sense! Just like an edit button etc.

Or make another thread doing the opposite of discussing football...

Sorry mate, I can see what you are trying to achieve, but why not just write this on the bottom of some of the already stupidly childish threads??
(Which IMO should all be deleted, or at least moved)

I couldn''t agree with you more however, and its getting harder and harder to wade through the carp and actually discuss football, but hey, there''s only a week to go!

Ok, football it is..................

I thought Fer looked really good on Tuesday, and I was happy with Redmond too. The rest of the squad (those who played) looked OK as well, and RVW showed some good touches and and a nice striker''s instinct to turn Fer''s header into the net.

On balance, I''d probably start with Olsen at left back, and given that Fer is suspended, play Hoolihan behind RVW.

Is that football enough foryou?

[quote user="Vazzza"]

Or make another thread doing the opposite of discussing football...Sorry mate, I can see what you are trying to achieve, but why not just write this on the bottom of some of the already stupidly childish threads??(Which IMO should all be deleted, or at least moved)I couldn''t agree with you more however, and its getting harder and harder to wade through the carp and actually discuss football, but hey, there''s only a week to go!

[/quote]I was going to, but the post would just get ignored by continuous arguments by everyone else !

[quote user="Foghorn"]

Ok, football it is..................I thought Fer looked really good on Tuesday, and I was happy with Redmond too. The rest of the squad (those who played) looked OK as well, and RVW showed some good touches and and a nice striker''s instinct to turn Fer''s header into the net.#On balance, I''d probably start with Olsen at left back, and given that Fer is suspended, play Hoolihan behind RVW.

[/quote]

It''s Olsson,  ol'' son.   No offence.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="Vazzza"]

Or make another thread doing the opposite of discussing football...

Sorry mate, I can see what you are trying to achieve, but why not just write this on the bottom of some of the already stupidly childish threads??
(Which IMO should all be deleted, or at least moved)

I couldn''t agree with you more however, and its getting harder and harder to wade through the carp and actually discuss football, but hey, there''s only a week to go!

[/quote]

I was going to, but the post would just get ignored by continuous arguments by everyone else !
[/quote]

I really hope it works anyway as I agree with your frustrations!

Foghorn, i say ol'' chap, would you kindly mind if i disagreed with you slightly there?

I think that RvW still has a bit of time to go until he settles fully. I feel that going in to the new season we should start with a duo of Hoolahan and Hooper who are much more likely to hit the ground running.

That, of course, is entirely in my opinion.

I feel that Ricky is the better all round player, but Hooper''s got goals in him. I can see it in his eyes, d''ya hear?!

[quote user="Foghorn"]

Ok, football it is..................

I thought Fer looked really good on Tuesday, and I was happy with Redmond too. The rest of the squad (those who played) looked OK as well, and RVW showed some good touches and and a nice striker''s instinct to turn Fer''s header into the net.

On balance, I''d probably start with Olsen at left back, and given that Fer is suspended, play Hoolihan behind RVW.

[/quote]OMG your stupid !! How could you think that. Blatently wrong Binner !!!!

( No offence mate, just wanted to get the thread back on track !! :) )

Sorry but I completely agree, to the point that I almost feel like an anonymous forum would be better. I come on to read Norwich related talk, where as the majority seems to be mostly pathetic banter.

But then it''s a forum, that''s what people do. However I rememebr the days of premoderated posts this was far rarer.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Nice try Foghorn and Gamera but despite the threads title, the last thing anyone on here wants to talk about is footy.[/quote]

Not sure that''s true Houston. There''s plenty of good football threads. But the popular threads are always the ones that get deleted. These threads have all the views and all the posts. The one that got deleted today was running at over 100 views per hour!! The tut-tutters will always say that those threads ruin the forum yet many of them rush to view those threads first. Rather like Corrie''s viewing figures compared to Newsnight or the NOTW compared to the Pink Un.

What a lovely thread, and so very true.

Incredible thing is, those posters who continuously point out people''s grammar mistakes, or critise others for sharing their opinions, would not peep a f***ing word to another human in a face to face environment.

Welcome to the internet.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Nice try Foghorn and Gamera but despite the threads title, the last thing anyone on here wants to talk about is footy.[/quote]

Not sure that''s true Houston. There''s plenty of good football threads. But the popular threads are always the ones that get deleted. These threads have all the views and all the posts. The one that got deleted today was running at over 100 views per hour!! The tut-tutters will always say that those threads ruin the forum yet many of them rush to view those threads first. Rather like Corrie''s viewing figures compared to Newsnight or the NOTW compared to the Pink Un.

[/quote]

Football threads are SO boring. They get dominated by people who''ve played the game and seem to know what they''re talking about. Where is the fun in that? Give me the summer anytime, with pages of bile-filled, libellous nonsense and the adrenaline rush of trying to see the latest posts before they get deleted.

[quote user="Herman "]Irony?[/quote]

Not at all, Herman. I really do find the non-football stuff most entertaining. Enlightening sometimes, even!

My bad, nutty. I was not clear with my reference to "here" which was meant to indicate this particular thread, not the forum.

That said, I agree with Purple that chats that develop tangents away from pure football talk are generally more entertaining. We stare at car wrecks more than we do properly parked cars.

Sorry my regally coloured friend, that was more aimed at the non-aggressive OTFBC.

Put your own house in order first, Reading.....then it might be more appropriate to get on your soapbox.......

[quote user="OT-F-BC"]What a lovely thread, and so very true.

Incredible thing is, those posters who continuously point out people''s grammar mistakes, or critise others for sharing their opinions, would not peep a f***ing word to another human in a face to face environment.

Welcome to the internet.[/quote]

And how many institutions have you been thrown out of  (or in to for that matter) for your foul and abusive language?  None?  That does surprise me, or maybe you can only do it on the internet...................

I''m certainly looking forward to seeing if our forwards are going to cut the Colman''s........In the forthcoming season of Soccerkicky Premiership thingy......