Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

England Squad Announced

[quote user="refjezdavies"]I''m wondering whether Hooper is in for a shout?[/quote]

With Welbeck the only fit ''striker'' I think Hooper could well get a call - especially following what he said about almost joining the squad last season but didn''t due to injury.

Pleased for Ruddy, glad he can force his way back into contention. Not too bothered Hooper didn''t get called up Lambert deserved it a lot more. Let''s face it when a player who hasn''t played at top level is in contention for a call up then something is drastically wrong (No criticism on Hooper).

With the England GK coach on our books a fit Ruddy should be an England mainstay.

IMO the likes of Redmond, Hooper and Howson, while having the potential, will find it a lot more difficult

Still don''t see what hodgson sees in welbeck 5 goals in 47 appearances in all competitions last season there were probably defenders who scored more then that mite as well stick them up front. holt, jay Rodriguez there are probably other players who scored more and they didn''t even get a look in. Everyone says he works hard but he''s a striker he''s paid to score which he doesn''t do much just because he plays for man utd.

[quote user="Crazy Eddie"]With the England GK coach on our books a fit Ruddy should be an England mainstay. IMO the likes of Redmond, Hooper and Howson, while having the potential, will find it a lot more difficult[/quote]

Yeah. Hooper has just got to score goals. Lots of them. If he does that he''ll make it hard to be overlooked. But it''ll probably take a real lot of goals.

Redmond looks like a very exciting prospect but it''s hard to judge where his ceiling will be while he''s so young and without Premier League experience. My gut feeling is that he will play for England.

Howson just has to keep playing well and wait for a few more opportunities to open up, particularly when Gerrard and Lampard retire. Certainly if Henderson, Shelvey and Cleverly can get a look in then so can Howson. And that''s not to say that they aren''t good players, just that Howson has got enough about him to rival them.

[quote user="GJP"]

Howson just has to keep playing well and wait for a few more opportunities to open up, particularly when Gerrard and Lampard retire. 

[/quote]
I really can''t see Howson ever getting an England cap. He''s decent and shows flashes of brilliance, but Norwich fans seem to talk about him like he is some sort of great prospect. The reality is that he is 25 now and he has a pretty short window to fulfill his potential and make a name for himself.
Really the time is now for Howson, he has to show that he can make a real sustained impact at this level this season because if he doesn''t then I think he''d be lucky to be getting in the Norwich team next season yet alone the England team. 

[quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"][quote user="GJP"]

Howson just has to keep playing well and wait for a few more opportunities to open up, particularly when Gerrard and Lampard retire. 

[/quote]

I really can''t see Howson ever getting an England cap. He''s decent and shows flashes of brilliance, but Norwich fans seem to talk about him like he is some sort of great prospect. The reality is that he is 25 now and he has a pretty short window to fulfill his potential and make a name for himself.

Really the time is now for Howson, he has to show that he can make a real sustained impact at this level this season because if he doesn''t then I think he''d be lucky to be getting in the Norwich team next season yet alone the England team. 

[/quote]

I would say most Norwich fans don''t realise how good he is and he will surely be a massive part of our team this season.

It''ll be very hard for him to get England setup but worse players than him have been there and worse players will probably be there in the future.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would say most Norwich fans don''t realise how good he is and he will surely be a massive part of our team this season.

It''ll be very hard for him to get England setup but worse players than him have been there and worse players will probably be there in the future.

[/quote]
I realise how good he is because he had played extremely well for a couple of months under Lambert and for the last few games of the season just gone, scoring a couple of wonder goals in the process. 
It has always been clear that he has plenty of ability but he just doesn''t show it enough for me. I hope we see the best of Howson this year but lets be honest, he was rubbish for most of last season. He needs to be a lot more consistent and impose himself more often if he is ever going to warrant an England cap in my opinion. 
Maybe this will be his season. Just for me personally he has massively underachieved and my only point really is that he isn''t going to get all the time in the world to show that he can do it week in week out. If he struggles this season then Hughton is just going to upgrade him next summer.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]The "injured" Wayne Rooney also in squad [/quote]

Joke. Never done any good for England. Cr@p at tournaments because he cannot handle being too long away from Mancland. Thats why nobody wants him.