Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Oh Dear Holt

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="paul moy"]I''d be surprised if Holt is not top scorer in the Champs this season as he misses very few games and is a consistent scorer when given the chances. The way Wigan play will definitely be to his advantage.  Who knows but if he hits 30+ goals, and injuries reduce Hodgson''s options then he may come calling, but that is an extremely remote possibility. Carroll is always injured !!!  [/quote]Here is where I''d like to bring up your previous record of predicting departed Norwich strikers going on to top the league goal scoring records at their new club, and the fact that your history of predicting this is not very good......... but I don''t want to be accused of being a bully, so I wont.[/quote].....again instead of criticising the post you criticise the poster, so yes you are a bully and a troll as we all know anyway from your history. Why not explain why you think Holt cannot score that many goals in the Champs rather than slagging me off as usual ?  Too much brainpower necessary to put forward a reasoned post I suppose.... [/quote]Wow! Someone need a cuddle?I was just making light of the last prediction you made like this. I seem to recall you claiming how much money you were going to make on the top goalscorer markets that year. Lighten up tiger!In regards to your point, I think Holt will do well. I think Austin, Rhodes or Wood will probably do better.[/quote]Constantly ''making light'' of the same point is bullying..... get it !!!!!   Jeez !!!!   It must be the 100th+ time somebody has made light of it. It is tiring, boring and adds nothing to the debate...   Grow up !!!!

Lambert only got picked cause there are injuries to other strikers hodgson said he has a chance cause Sturridge and Carroll who may be ahead of him but they are unavalible shouldn''t be like that he should pick players that are in form and lambert was a better player then Carroll last season

Holt''s chance of being selected went at the end of his first season in the premiership.  He should have been given a chance then.   That he wasn''t even looked at in a friendly was imo wrong.   In form, confident and able to finish.    Now, its history.   However, I think he will do well this season for Wigan and could well beat the 23 goals he got for us in the championship.  

As for being relevant - how could he not be?    A city player who perhaps did more than any other in the club''s history to put us on the right course for success.   Oh, and also, credit to Gunn, for getting him on board in the first place.

[quote user="BigFish"]

Perhaps if you don''t wish to get "bullied" you should avoid repetitive backward looking posts. Holt has gone and is never coming we as a club and mostly as fans have moved on. Holt has moved on, perhaps you should. Fairplay to Lambert, picked for England at 31 for the most pointless Interantional of the year (Scotland in August). Anyone who thinks this means he is off to Rio in 2014 is completely deluded. Rather he is making up the numbers when others arn''t available.

Like Holt the reason is he is a little short of what it takes. This is why he toured the lower Leagues before ending up at Southampton. There is a reason players from big clubs get picked rather than the Holts/Lamberts and it is not bias. It is they buy the best players. Carroll & Zaha are £15m players, Holt is £2m if he was good enough he would be playing for Man U not Wigan.

That is the way of the world, better get used to it.

[/quote]Yet another troll getting personal. This BB is indeed getting tedious.

[quote user="BigFish"]

There is a reason players from big clubs get picked rather than the Holts/Lamberts and it is not bias. It is they buy the best players. Carroll & Zaha are £15m players, Holt is £2m if he was good enough he would be playing for Man U not Wigan.

That is the way of the world, better get used to it.

[/quote]

Almost exactly correct BigFish, although I would, for arguments sake throw in the names of Welbeck and Frazier Campbell who were named ahead of Holt. Both utter pony.

I''m pleased for Ricky Lambert, he does deserve it, and I hope he bangs a in couple to stay in future contention.

If Holt has a very good season with Wigan who''s to say he wouldn''t get a call up if the striker situation remains thin?

Rooney could, as yet, go completely awol and start working as a clown at yarmouth Hiippodrome, The price of lead could go through the roof forcing Carrol to go back to his roots etc.

It''s all possible.

And ''if'' that did happen, is it right that we should feel aggrieved? Build more seats i say! Get us up to 30,000 and we''ll take the whole damn world on!!!

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="paul moy"]I''d be surprised if Holt is not top scorer in the Champs this season as he misses very few games and is a consistent scorer when given the chances. The way Wigan play will definitely be to his advantage.  Who knows but if he hits 30+ goals, and injuries reduce Hodgson''s options then he may come calling, but that is an extremely remote possibility. Carroll is always injured !!!  [/quote]Here is where I''d like to bring up your previous record of predicting departed Norwich strikers going on to top the league goal scoring records at their new club, and the fact that your history of predicting this is not very good......... but I don''t want to be accused of being a bully, so I wont.[/quote].....again instead of criticising the post you criticise the poster, so yes you are a bully and a troll as we all know anyway from your history. Why not explain why you think Holt cannot score that many goals in the Champs rather than slagging me off as usual ?  Too much brainpower necessary to put forward a reasoned post I suppose.... [/quote]Wow! Someone need a cuddle?I was just making light of the last prediction you made like this. I seem to recall you claiming how much money you were going to make on the top goalscorer markets that year. Lighten up tiger!In regards to your point, I think Holt will do well. I think Austin, Rhodes or Wood will probably do better.[/quote]Constantly ''making light'' of the same point is bullying..... get it !!!!!   Jeez !!!!   It must be the 100th+ time somebody has made light of it. It is tiring, boring and adds nothing to the debate...   Grow up !!!!

[/quote]Yet you still bite??!

[quote user="paul moy"]... and of course that should shut up those that say Hodgson only picks from the big teams !!!![/quote]

Are you kiddin''?

May I direct your attention to the inclusion of Ashley Young and Danny Welbeck

Just shows how poor quality England are now if they are having to call up Lambert!! Poor mans Holt!!

[quote user="BigFish"]

for the most pointless Interantional of the year (Scotland in August). 

[/quote]
First time I''ve looked forward to an England game for years, and it is by no means a foregone conclusion. Didn''t we draw with Ireland and lose to Wales? Scotland will massively up their game to try and beat us. 

There should be one measure of a striker and that is does he score goals. Not how much did he cost. Picking carhorse Caroll over Holt the previous Euros was crass stupidity and exactly what others have pointed out was "big club" bias.

[quote user="Yellow Rose of Texas"]There should be one measure of a striker and that is does he score goals. Not how much did he cost. Picking carhorse Caroll over Holt the previous Euros was crass stupidity and exactly what others have pointed out was "big club" bias.[/quote]
But then he went and scored a superb header against Sweden. 
Carroll might be a figure of fun and £35m might be a joke, but he really is a good striker and no centre defender would want to face him.

What a pile of crap to say those teams are bigger than Norwich.

We are at least equal to all of them and I''d say bigger than Swansea and Fulham.

We are now a big club. Get over it.

If Lambert had played for City last season he wouldnt be anywhere near the England squad.

Him and Holty had similar first seasons in the Premier League- similar goal scoring records, similar ages.

Holty didnt even get a chance in a friendly...

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]''Hodgson got it in for Norwich''. Really? Didn''t he give us McNally?[/quote]

The story is he recommended McNally to Delia.

Hodgson and Delia are actually pretty good friends, and Delia, McNally and co went to Norway to watch the Norway v England game as Hodgson''s guests.

Yes Delia and MWJ are proper football owners with some proper football contacts....

That is until McNally reaches his sell by date at which point she will obviously be totally responsible for his appointment[;)]

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]''Hodgson got it in for Norwich''. Really? Didn''t he give us McNally?[/quote]
Weren''t it Martin O''Neill who recommended McNally? 
But Hodgson is friends with Delia and came and did an event at Carrow Road, so he is likely to be at least a little fond of us. 

on the form of the first season in the prem Holt should have gone to the Euros.

Sentiment apart, the Grant Holt of last season was no where near England I''m sorry to say