Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Oh Dear Holt

... and of course that should shut up those that say Hodgson only picks from the big teams !!!!

[quote user="paul moy"]Ricky Lambert named in England squad. Perhaps he should have stayed here !![/quote]

Would have made no difference. It''s disgusting really. Lambert had an near identical 1st season and is deemed good enough for England whereas holt wasn''t.

We are just not fasionable enough to home English international players. Anyway I''m pleased for Lambert - perhaps a bit of passion will return from a player who has worked harder than most to be there.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="paul moy"]Ricky Lambert named in England squad. Perhaps he should have stayed here !![/quote]

Would have made no difference. It''s disgusting really. Lambert had an near identical 1st season and is deemed good enough for England whereas holt wasn''t.

We are just not fasionable enough to home English international players. Anyway I''m pleased for Lambert - perhaps a bit of passion will return from a player who has worked harder than most to be there.[/quote]Or maybe it''s because we have so many strikers our injured. Something we didn''t when Holt was on top form...

Unfortunatly Lincoln they are a bigger club, bigger fianancial backing and bigger infrestructure, as can be argued now for Cardiff, Fulham, Sunderland, Swansea, and all the other established clubs.

We will always be looked upon as the poor relation regardless of what we might spend. This also reflects the pundits not really looking at who we have brought in.

Still Holt is old news now and not relevent.

Sod England! If we''re good enough for a couple Dutch internationals I don''t care if we''re ''not big enough'' for England!

The proof will be if Hooper and Redmond have good seasons and still don''t anywhere near the squad...

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="paul moy"]... and of course that should shut up those that say Hodgson only picks from the big teams !!!!
[/quote] Unfortunately I think the truth is that Southampton are perceived by many to be a "bigger" club than us.[/quote]

....and which perception group do you fall into Lincoln.....they are or they are not?

[quote user="The Walking Man "]Sod England! If we''re good enough for a couple Dutch internationals I don''t care if we''re ''not big enough'' for England!

The proof will be if Hooper and Redmond have good seasons and still don''t anywhere near the squad...[/quote]

And that''s the other thing that has made me laugh, Zaha has just come from the championship and straight into the England team despite being very average towards the end of last season. Now compare Redmond who had a similar season to Zaha. No chance of a call up, despite out shining Zaha in the u21 euros. I can gurantee of we had Zaha or he was still at palace and utd had Redmond, it would have been Redmond named in the squad today.

I used to be so passionate about supporting England bit thanks to the F.A that passion is gone.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="The Walking Man "]Sod England! If we''re good enough for a couple Dutch internationals I don''t care if we''re ''not big enough'' for England! The proof will be if Hooper and Redmond have good seasons and still don''t anywhere near the squad...[/quote] And that''s the other thing that has made me laugh, Zaha has just come from the championship and straight into the England team despite being very average towards the end of last season. Now compare Redmond who had a similar season to Zaha. No chance of a call up, despite out shining Zaha in the u21 euros. I can gurantee of we had Zaha or he was still at palace and utd had Redmond, it would have been Redmond named in the squad today. I used to be so passionate about supporting England bit thanks to the F.A that passion is gone.[/quote]

Stop being so paranoid.

It may have slipped your attention that Norwich do have a player in the England squad - John Ruddy.

Also, Zaha was given his first cap whilst playing for Palace in the Championship, I would hardly call that big club bias. Redmond only got his first U21 cap in June, as a last minute replacement for Townsend who was banned for his betting issues.

I don''t think there is some grand conspiracy by the F.A./Hodgson against Norwich.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="paul moy"]... and of course that should shut up those that say Hodgson only picks from the big teams !!!!
[/quote] Unfortunately I think the truth is that Southampton are perceived by many to be a "bigger" club than us.[/quote]

....and which perception group do you fall into Lincoln.....they are or they are not?

[/quote]

Well for the same reasons mentioned by Indy I''d say Southampton are.

With our capacity maxed out and poor infrastructure were currently operating at our maximum potential, whereas Southampton who currenty are on an even keel with us in terms of players and league standings have the potential to grow, thus making them a "bigger club"

IMO the measure of a big club is as much to do with potential as current standings. And like I say currently we cannot grow any further.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="paul moy"]Ricky Lambert named in England squad. Perhaps he should have stayed here !![/quote]

We are just not fasionable enough to home English international players. Anyway I''m pleased for Lambert - perhaps a bit of passion will return from a player who has worked harder than most to be there.[/quote]Or maybe it''s because we have so many strikers our injured. Something we didn''t when Holt was on top form...[/quote]I agree, but what if he had stayed, had a great season, injuries had continued and he claimed a place in the WC !!!   Now he sure won''t.  

This is nothing to do with which club he plays for or what club Holt played for, I think its just a case of Woy thinking Lambert is what he needs in the squad right now and he just didnt fancy Holt.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="paul moy"]... and the difference between Southampton and us is minimal.  Get real !!![/quote]

The only difference, as I mentioned, is that Southampton have a bigger ground and better infrastructure.[/quote]We''re both medium sized clubs, neither top 10 currently but both could be soon.  Southampton were actually bust not so long ago so on that basis we are more successful. [:D]

Holt deserved a call up 14 or 15 months ago but that was then and this is now, he didn''t do enough last season to get a call up now. 
Would have loved to have seen Holt win a cap or two but considering where he has come from he should be grateful for what he has achieved now which is two seasons of Premier League football, 23 Premier League goals, and he is about to play at Wembley with Wigan against Man Utd and will be playing in the UEFA Cup. 
He has plenty to be happy about, could even end up with a Championship winners medal this season and could get another year of Premier League football next season. Andy Carroll was preferred over Holt, and if he was fit he''d have been preferred over Lambert this time around. 

I like Southampton.Just like us and Swansea they have been down in the dumps in recent years, facing severe financial pressure and lower league football.Yet here we are today as three of the best clubs in the country.Their fans are really decent tooChuffed for Ricky, he''s come good at a time when there is a shortage of fit strikersReally glad he got a call up.

I''d be surprised if Holt is not top scorer in the Champs this season as he misses very few games and is a consistent scorer when given the chances. The way Wigan play will definitely be to his advantage.  Who knows but if he hits 30+ goals, and injuries reduce Hodgson''s options then he may come calling, but that is an extremely remote possibility. Carroll is always injured !!! 

[quote user="Indy"]

Unfortunatly Lincoln they are a bigger club, bigger fianancial backing and bigger infrestructure, as can be argued now for Cardiff, Fulham, Sunderland, Swansea, and all the other established clubs.

We will always be looked upon as the poor relation regardless of what we might spend. This also reflects the pundits not really looking at who we have brought in.

[/quote]

Really? A club legend... the guy who scored a hat-trick against the binners... who faught tooth and to carry the team into the premier league and then had an amazing season to help us stay. How can a player like this not be relevent? He will ALWAYS be a part of the club''s history and therefore he will ALWAYS be relevant to the CLUB.Wow. You refer to Grant Holt like he''s a discarded candy bar wrapper.. I''m curious to know how much more disrespect can you share about one of the greatest players to every wear the Yellow & Green?

[quote user="paul moy"]I''d be surprised if Holt is not top scorer in the Champs this season as he misses very few games and is a consistent scorer when given the chances. The way Wigan play will definitely be to his advantage.  Who knows but if he hits 30+ goals, and injuries reduce Hodgson''s options then he may come calling, but that is an extremely remote possibility. Carroll is always injured !!!  [/quote]Here is where I''d like to bring up your previous record of predicting departed Norwich strikers going on to top the league goal scoring records at their new club, and the fact that your history of predicting this is not very good......... but I don''t want to be accused of being a bully, so I wont.

[quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]

Some of you seem to have a persecution complex. No one is denied an England place because they play for Norwich. Holt did great in our first PL season but how many goals would Andy Carroll have knocked in had he been playing under Paul Lambert''s gung-ho tactics? If a player is good enough he''ll get called up. Nothing to do with being "fashionable".

[quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="paul moy"]Ricky Lambert named in England squad. Perhaps he should have stayed here !![/quote]

We are just not fasionable enough to home English international players. Anyway I''m pleased for Lambert - perhaps a bit of passion will return from a player who has worked harder than most to be there.[/quote]Or maybe it''s because we have so many strikers our injured. Something we didn''t when Holt was on top form...[/quote]
Well that couldn''t be any further from the truth. I remember the international friendlies near the end of the 2011/12 season. He had a chance to pick Holt (second highest English goalscorer at the time) with all the striker injuries and instead decided to go in to the games with either 2 or 3 strikers. He should have been picked at the time purely on form, but that just tells an embarrassing tale about the strength of our national team.
I wouldn''t be surprised to see Hooper get a call up this season.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="paul moy"]I''d be surprised if Holt is not top scorer in the Champs this season as he misses very few games and is a consistent scorer when given the chances. The way Wigan play will definitely be to his advantage.  Who knows but if he hits 30+ goals, and injuries reduce Hodgson''s options then he may come calling, but that is an extremely remote possibility. Carroll is always injured !!!  [/quote]Here is where I''d like to bring up your previous record of predicting departed Norwich strikers going on to top the league goal scoring records at their new club, and the fact that your history of predicting this is not very good......... but I don''t want to be accused of being a bully, so I wont.[/quote].....again instead of criticising the post you criticise the poster, so yes you are a bully and a troll as we all know anyway from your history. Why not explain why you think Holt cannot score that many goals in the Champs rather than slagging me off as usual ?  Too much brainpower necessary to put forward a reasoned post I suppose....

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="paul moy"]Ricky Lambert named in England squad. Perhaps he should have stayed here !![/quote]

We are just not fasionable enough to home English international players. Anyway I''m pleased for Lambert - perhaps a bit of passion will return from a player who has worked harder than most to be there.[/quote]Or maybe it''s because we have so many strikers our injured. Something we didn''t when Holt was on top form...[/quote]
Well that couldn''t be any further from the truth. I remember the international friendlies near the end of the 2011/12 season. He had a chance to pick Holt (second highest English goalscorer at the time) with all the striker injuries and instead decided to go in to the games with either 2 or 3 strikers. He should have been picked at the time purely on form, but that just tells an embarrassing tale about the strength of our national team.
I wouldn''t be surprised to see Hooper get a call up this season.
[/quote]Hooper has a great chance of getting selected if he can score enough goals. What more incentive does he need !!!!!

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="paul moy"]I''d be surprised if Holt is not top scorer in the Champs this season as he misses very few games and is a consistent scorer when given the chances. The way Wigan play will definitely be to his advantage.  Who knows but if he hits 30+ goals, and injuries reduce Hodgson''s options then he may come calling, but that is an extremely remote possibility. Carroll is always injured !!!  [/quote]Here is where I''d like to bring up your previous record of predicting departed Norwich strikers going on to top the league goal scoring records at their new club, and the fact that your history of predicting this is not very good......... but I don''t want to be accused of being a bully, so I wont.[/quote].....again instead of criticising the post you criticise the poster, so yes you are a bully and a troll as we all know anyway from your history. Why not explain why you think Holt cannot score that many goals in the Champs rather than slagging me off as usual ?  Too much brainpower necessary to put forward a reasoned post I suppose.... [/quote]Wow! Someone need a cuddle?I was just making light of the last prediction you made like this. I seem to recall you claiming how much money you were going to make on the top goalscorer markets that year. Lighten up tiger!In regards to your point, I think Holt will do well. I think Austin, Rhodes or Wood will probably do better.

Perhaps if you don''t wish to get "bullied" you should avoid repetitive backward looking posts. Holt has gone and is never coming we as a club and mostly as fans have moved on. Holt has moved on, perhaps you should. Fairplay to Lambert, picked for England at 31 for the most pointless Interantional of the year (Scotland in August). Anyone who thinks this means he is off to Rio in 2014 is completely deluded. Rather he is making up the numbers when others arn''t available.

Like Holt the reason is he is a little short of what it takes. This is why he toured the lower Leagues before ending up at Southampton. There is a reason players from big clubs get picked rather than the Holts/Lamberts and it is not bias. It is they buy the best players. Carroll & Zaha are £15m players, Holt is £2m if he was good enough he would be playing for Man U not Wigan.

That is the way of the world, better get used to it.