Sign in to follow this  
Saint Canary

Please buy some midfielders

Please Worthy!  Just buy some midfielders rather buying strikers or defenders and then playing them there.  Jonson scored loads of goals playing upfront at his previous club.  Where have we seen him?  Playing on either flank, just behind the strikers or at right back.  Call me crazy but when we were struggling for goals surely we could have tried him there?  No left midfield was the best place for him, obvious really!

If we need a new right midfield player, just go out and get one!  Do not buy another striker!

Exactly right Saint.  I''m getting a bit concerned about the lack of midfield talent at the moment.  Of what''s left, Holt has been poor and Damo isn''t interested.  Saf has been quality but he can''t run the midfield on his own.  We need to buy some quality 1st Division players this summer

I agree that we should buy a player for a particular position and play him there. And hopefully there will be peopl available so they dont have to cover. I think what we need is a couple of midfielders and a couple of defenders. But keeping hold of everyone is just as important as signing people as that will allow us to be stronger going up and staying up

>We need to buy some quality 1st Division players this summer

There aren''t any left to buy... they''ve all signed for Spurs!

As I said on a previous thread, why not try Kenny Lunt. 

He''s only 26''ish (I think) but seems to have been around for ages.  Should link up well with Deano and he''s from Crewe, so should be a good egg type (Rivers excepted).

Given that we probably don''t have loads to spend, it seems to me a viable option.

Some thoughts on midfielders; sorry but Holt and Brennan also need to go. Cheap or free - Rohan Ricketts (just left Spurs and Wolves fans liked him), Kris Commons (left footed, can score goals and Forest relegated). Good but other clubs will want them - Phil Jagielka, Gary McSheffrey, Nigel Reo-Coker, Dickson Etuhu. Bitofagamble - Freddie Eastwood, Leroy Lita or Juan Ugarte?

[quote]Some thoughts on midfielders; sorry but Holt and Brennan also need to go. Cheap or free - Rohan Ricketts (just left Spurs and Wolves fans liked him), Kris Commons (left footed, can score goals and Fo...[/quote]

Some decent suggestions.

The worry though is that at present we only have Holt, Francis and Safri who are out and out midfield players.  We need a lot of work done in this area.

I said we should go for ricketts last summer and more so now.
Here''s got a great all round game, cultured on the ball(comes from his arsenal days)
good on the tackle and would do very well alongside safri.

lita and ugarte are strikers though. good ones mind, but strikers.

If francis were to leave, id like us to try and sign Michael Tonge but again i dount Colin would let him go to us.. Having said that though, Sheff Utd have been pretty poor the last couple of seasons, him and Jagielka might fancy a change?

safri fully deserves to stay in the middle, and obviously huckerby deserves to stay out on the left.

But francis needs to buck his ideas up

Idealy we need a right-midfielder, but then again we could cope without.

We have Jonson and Hendo to fill the gap, also as svensson is now a "left midfielder" put him on the left, and put huckerby on the right.

[quote]safri fully deserves to stay in the middle, and obviously huckerby deserves to stay out on the left. But francis needs to buck his ideas up Idealy we need a right-midfielder, but then again we could...[/quote]

Don''t really much fancy this midfield though AJ:

Henderson Safri Francis Svennson

I know he''s hardly in his prime, but what about Lee Clark from Fulham? He could maybe come in for a couple of seasons and be the midfielder enforcer. His contract at Fulham is up/approaching an end and it doesn''t look like he''s gonna get another one offered.
So, in short: cheap/free, Premiership experience, a midfielder enforcer and probably not too expensive wages-wise...

Opinions?

Svensson "new or francis" Huckerby

--------------Safri------------------

Whats wrong with that midfield?

Buy A Winger that is 3rd top goal scorer in Danish League with Odense, Top assist and is 22 years old. He was last year but 4th top socrer I think still top assist tho, I said buy him before the season just gone .. and I say we buy him even more now!! Jan Kristiansen is the name.