Sign in to follow this  
canarycop

Commentary

I am a Norwich supporter living in the North East. If I want to listen to a Norwich game I can''t. Even though I can pick up Radio Norfolk on mobile device and I get all the build up the actual game is blocked. I can put Radio Newcastle, Metro radio or similar up here and listen to Newcastle,Sunderland or Boro no problem. My father who is also a Norwich supporter lives in North Wales and has the same problem.

It costs me a fortune for Sky who then mainly talk about the so called big teams and then NCFC ,not alone I know,ask for more money for us to listen to live commentary. Why oh why can''t I listen to live Norwich games on Radio Norfolk. It''s time all clubs decided that the fans deserve a bit more especially those who are born and bred Norfolk but find themselves elsewhere through family and work.

I couldn''t even find a decent match thread for the Real Sociedad friendly.

[quote user="canarycop"]I am a Norwich supporter living in the North East. If I want to listen to a Norwich game I can''t. Even though I can pick up Radio Norfolk on mobile device and I get all the build up the actual game is blocked. I can put Radio Newcastle, Metro radio or similar up here and listen to Newcastle,Sunderland or Boro no problem. My father who is also a Norwich supporter lives in North Wales and has the same problem. It costs me a fortune for Sky who then mainly talk about the so called big teams and then NCFC ,not alone I know,ask for more money for us to listen to live commentary. Why oh why can''t I listen to live Norwich games on Radio Norfolk. It''s time all clubs decided that the fans deserve a bit more especially those who are born and bred Norfolk but find themselves elsewhere through family and work. I couldn''t even find a decent match thread for the Real Sociedad friendly.[/quote]

The BBC doesn''t hold the rights to broadcast live commentary over the internet - you can hear the commentary if you purchase Canaries Player.

I think, it is even possible to get Radio Nofolk in other parts of the country through Freeview, it use to be possible to find all of the region radio shows in the channels in the high hundreds, not sure if that is still around though.

Yep- you have to buy Canaries Player and then hope it decides to work that day. You then get BBC Radio coverage. Considering we already pay for the BBC I think it is terrible that they are allowed to resell the coverage within the UK.

I have an app installed on my Iphone called vTuner for Panasonic which is a simple radio tuner bit of kit. It costs £1 something and can be used to tune into pretty much any radio station you can think of. I am 90% certain it will work whilst commentary is taking place.

Therefore, if you have an iphone/recent ipod, a wifi network and a hifi/docking station you can tune in and play it through the whole house like in the good old days.

I have to admit to not knowing exactly if it works as I have not missed many games for a few years however when cutting it fine on my way to away games i have tuned in for all the build up using 3g network. Is worth a try if you can.

you can watch every premier league game online for free if you look a bit harderit wont cost you anything

although you might have to occasionally put up with some crazy american screaming "SNODGRAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS" in an over excited way every time he gets near the ball

That''s Eric Wynalda who played in England for some of his career. He LOVES Snodgrass although I''m not sure why he singled him out.

I''m glad he does one of our boys and not someone else''s.