Sign in to follow this  
Jonzey

How can Norwich help the national team more?

Interesting piece here by Norwich legend Jan Molby:

Jan Molby on the German League

It''s an interesting angle on why the German League supports the national team so well, and how the supporters benefit by very affordable tickets. So it got me thinking, what can Norwich do to support the national team more, are we doing enough already? Is the academy now geared towards producing a higher level of player, and will we give them the opportunity? Also how can the Premier League help support the working class fans more with the cost of match days growing year by year above inflation?

Also, who was fatter when they played for us. John Hartson or Jan Molby?

I''d like to know your thoughts.

[quote user="Jonzey"]

Interesting piece here by Norwich legend Jan Molby:

Jan Molby on the German League

It''s an interesting angle on why the German League supports the national team so well, and how the supporters benefit by very affordable tickets. So it got me thinking, what can Norwich do to support the national team more, are we doing enough already? Is the academy now geared towards producing a higher level of player, and will we give them the opportunity? Also how can the Premier League help support the working class fans more with the cost of match days growing year by year above inflation?

Also, who was fatter when they played for us. John Hartson or Jan Molby?

I''d like to know your thoughts.

[/quote]
Every club would have to agree to cut the prices.  IMO there''s absolutely no need to have such inflated ticket prices.  When you weigh up the revenue generated just by being in the PL.  The ticket income doesn''t go that far to keep the clubs going.  And slashing say £20 off a ticket would make hardly a dent in the income. IMO.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Have I missed something or can anybody tell me when Jan Molby became a Norwich legend ?[/quote]
4 pies at half time is a record that still stands.  John Hartson only managed 3.

Games are selling out so ticket prices won''t drop.

When relegation comes and tv revenue drops, ticket income will be very important. I can''t imagine fans being happy with ticket price increases in those circumstances.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Games are selling out so ticket prices won''t drop.

When relegation comes and tv revenue drops, ticket income will be very important. I can''t imagine fans being happy with ticket price increases in those circumstances.[/quote]I think the point is that there should be a responsibilty by the clubs to keep match days affordable. Accross the board. Rather than trying to maximise every penny from the fans just to keep wages ultra inflated and agents driving Bugattis. They manage to keep it affordable it in Germany, and their league has just produced two clubs who contested the Champions League final.

The point I''m most interested in is that the German League contains clubs who are interested in generating great players for their national team. Their managers and owners actually seem to care about the prospect of Germany winning the World Cup or European Championships.

Is it too much to ask that clubs here keep the development of English players as a top priority, rather than often using them merely to pad out the squad and keep the quota of Englismen up? 

Sadly the only way we could help the national team is if we sold our best English players to either Liverpool or United as an outfield player will never get called up whilst playing for an unfashionable club like Norwich.

[quote user="Jonzey"]
I think the point is that there should be a responsibilty by the clubs to keep match days affordable. [/quote]
Most clubs do offer many affordable tickets, Man Utd have tickets for £31.