Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Is This An Omen?

A true occurrence for you.....I''m sitting here in my den this morning and have, this very moment,  just finished reading an article on which Premiership teams are likely to get off to a good start this season. As I pondered on this, I turned to look out of the window to the garden and forest at the back of the house. The grass is plush and green like a carpet because of the amount of rain we have experienced recently. There is no breeze outside and yet, all of a sudden, a very large and very, very yellow leaf floats down gently and parks itself right under my window. I immediately looked up at all of the other trees ( I have hundreds of them ) and there is not a yellow leaf in sight anywhere. What do you think this means? I chooses to take as a good omen.

I''m sure I typed it correctly the first time but I am getting older......

A true occurrence for you.....I''m sitting here in my den this morning and have, this very moment,  just finished reading an article on which Premiership teams are likely to get off to a good start this season. As I pondered on this, I turned to look out of the window to the garden and forest at the back of the house. The grass is plush and green like a carpet because of the amount of rain we have experienced recently. There is no breeze outside and yet, all of a sudden, a very large and very, very yellow leaf floats down gently and parks itself right under my window. I immediately looked up at all of the other trees ( I have hundreds of them ) and there is not a yellow leaf in sight anywhere. What do you think this means? I choose to take this as a good omen.

Once upon a time we went into the last game of the season just requiring a draw to survive relegation. I was driving around looking at all the fields resplendent in yellow and green from all the oilseed rape and took it as an omen we would survive.

We lost 6-0.................

Since then I refuse to believe in omens - good or bad.

However, I hope you are right Yankee

A few years ago while driving home from Florida and getting updates on a game via text, a sign for an upcoming exit read Holt 1. Moments later which was very late in the game, I got an update from my friend saying Holt had scored. We won 1-0.

When I saw the sign (Ace of Base) I hoped it was not just a coincidence. Turns out it wasn''t.

I''m with you, YC. Hopefully the omen is about how we will stand out and not how we will fall.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

I''m sure I typed it correctly the first time but I am getting older......

A true occurrence for you.....I''m sitting here in my den this morning and have, this very moment,  just finished reading an article on which Premiership teams are likely to get off to a good start this season. As I pondered on this, I turned to look out of the window to the garden and forest at the back of the house. The grass is plush and green like a carpet because of the amount of rain we have experienced recently. There is no breeze outside and yet, all of a sudden, a very large and very, very yellow leaf floats down gently and parks itself right under my window. I immediately looked up at all of the other trees ( I have hundreds of them ) and there is not a yellow leaf in sight anywhere. What do you think this means? I choose to take this as a good omen.

[/quote]It''s well known that I set great store in omens Yankee. Unfortunately this one is not a patch on the time Snowy chased a Robin off the patio and we beat Bristol City 2-1. Nor the time I caught him laying on the Pink Un with four feet in the air and Holty scored  four minutes into injury time. He was a bit magic, that cat.Without the little guy to point me the way, I guess there will be far fewer predictions from me this season.[:(]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]A few years ago while driving home from Florida and getting updates on a game via text, a sign for an upcoming exit read Holt 1. Moments later which was very late in the game, I got an update from my friend saying Holt had scored. We won 1-0.

When I saw the sign (Ace of Base) I hoped it was not just a coincidence. Turns out it wasn''t.

I''m with you, YC. Hopefully the omen is about how we will stand out and not how we will fall.[/quote]Never had the same joy driving past the Wilbrahams sign on the A11 near Cambridge!

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

A true occurrence for you.....I''m sitting here in my den this morning and have, this very moment,  just finished reading an article on which Premiership teams are likely to get off to a good start this season. As I pondered on this, I turned to look out of the window to the garden and forest at the back of the house. The grass is plush and green like a carpet because of the amount of rain we have experienced recently. There is no breeze outside and yet, all of a sudden, a very large and very, very yellow leaf floats down gently and parks itself right under my window. I immediately looked up at all of the other trees ( I have hundreds of them ) and there is not a yellow leaf in sight anywhere. What do you think this means? I chooses to take as a good omen.

[/quote]Something yellow drops from the top to the bottom of your view, and you take it as a good omen?Okayyy......

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

Something yellow drops from the top to the bottom of your view, and you take it as a good omen?

Okayyy......

[/quote]

Chopsy, it''s not like you to fail to embrace the English language. I didn''t say it "dropped", I said it "floated" when there was no breeze at all. It chose to park itself right under my window. It could have found any other part of the wide green grass, but it didn''t. Now then, try to be more open minded about such occurrences.

Floating is far more spiritual and undoubtedly more significant

!

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]Something yellow drops from the top to the bottom of your view, and you take it as a good omen?Okayyy......[/quote]

Chopsy, it''s not like you to fail to embrace the English language. I didn''t say it "dropped", I said it "floated" when there was no breeze at all. It chose to park itself right under my window. It could have found any other part of the wide green grass, but it didn''t. Now then, try to be more open minded about such occurrences.

[/quote]
I tried being open minded once but people tried to fill it with complete bollox[:P]

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

Something yellow drops from the top to the bottom of your view, and you take it as a good omen?

Okayyy......

[/quote]

[/quote]

I tried being open minded once but people tried to fill it with complete bollox[:P]

[/quote]

Successfully, apparently.