Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Capital One Cup Draw

"The draw for the second round of the Capital One Cup takes place on Sky

Sports News at 12.30 today. City are ball number 16 in the draw.""City are one of 25 seeded teams in the Capital One Cup draw and therefore will not face fellow Premier League opposition at this stage"Who do we want !

Just found this:

Seeded:Aston Villa, Birmingham City, Bolton Wanderers, Burnley, Cardiff City, Charlton Athletic, Crystal Palace, Derby County, Everton, Fulham, Hull City, Leeds United, Leicester City, Liverpool, Newcastle United, Norwich City, Nottingham Forest, Queens Park Rangers, Reading, Southampton, Stoke City, Sunderland, Watford, West Brom, West Ham

Unseeded:Accrington Stanley, Barnsley, Bournemouth, Brentford, Bristol City, Burton Albion, Bury, Carlisle United, Cheltenham Town, Doncaster Rovers, Huddersfield Town, Leyton Orient, Millwall, MK Dons, Morecambe, Newport County, Notts County, Peterborough United, Preston North End, Rotherham United, Stevenage, Swindon Town, Tranmere Rovers, Walsall, Yeovil Town

Wouldn''t mind Peterborough away again. A few grounds that I''ve never been too, Millwall away would be an interesting one. Wouldn''t be wearing my colours there though. 

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]Gives our reserve team something to do I suppose.[/quote]
We''ve sold all the reserves! 

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]Gives our reserve team something to do I suppose.
[/quote]

I really hope the club have a proper go at the League Cup this season - Swansea have shown that by taking it a little bit seriously you can win a trophy and get European football - it didn''t do any harm to the their league position either.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]Gives our reserve team something to do I suppose.[/quote]

I really hope the club have a proper go at the League Cup this season - Swansea have shown that by taking it a little bit seriously you can win a trophy and get European football - it didn''t do any harm to the their league position either.

[/quote]
Spot on, our best chance of European football. 
Also means more game time to be shared around Garrido/Olsson, and Hooper/Van Wolfswinkel, Martin/Whittaker etc. 
We don''t really have ''reserve'' players now, we have strength in depth, but the more games the better because we don''t have to upset one of our #9''s. 

Is it regionalised too so that Southampton don''t play Carlisle or Newcastle Exeter?

If so, it will be one of Peterborough, MK Dons, Leyton Orient or Charlton (if they are still in it) is my guess.

[quote user="Alfie54"]''We''ve sold all the reserves! ''

No, that was Gordon Brown I think![/quote]
LOL, brilliant! 

Not quite so interested this season as I will be away and miss it, have always gone in the past. Hope we have a fixture we can progress in, smaller team home or away

Would like a home draw or either Newport, Morecambe, Accrington or Rotherham away as these are grounds I have not yet done.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]Gives our reserve team something to do I suppose.
[/quote]

[/quote]

And its definitely helped when it comes to attracting better players - i doubt they would have got Bony without the Europa league to complete the package...

Accrington,Burton,Newport or Morecombe for me please as they are the only four I have yet to visit.

Purely from a selfish point of view, as an away season ticket holder, and therefore working under the "3 strikes and you''re out" rule ,I''d rather it not be Newport County away on a Tuesday night requiring me to use one of them up on this?!

Unseeded teams were drawn to be home or away then the seeded teams were drawn to play in each of those games....all a bit Mickey Mouse