Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Martin Olsson has an identical twin brother...

Called Marcus Olsson, who also plays for Blackburn, is also a left back and left midfielder, and is also a Swedish international.
Did anybody else know this?
MIND BLOWN

Indeed he does have a twin but like most Marcus is the poorer version of Martin.

There are actually quite a few twins in football to name a few:

Ronald and Frank De Boer

Philipp and David Degen

Fabio and Raphael Da Silva

Lars and Sven Bender

David and Dean Holdsworth

Ryan and Elliot Bennett

and of course the boy wonders Jacob and Josh!

Perhaps we should have signed them both, registered one and keep one in reserve to operate as a moody player. I mean, who would notice?

Confession: I was watching a 6-a-side under-8 game once and as they came off for half-time said "that lad there is amazing; got a great first touch......and he''s covering so much ground it''s untrue!"

Reply from the coach: "Yep, he''s one of identical twins - and both are playing out there!"

There were many tweets from Blackburn fans suggesting they send us Marcus as we would not know the difference!

Surprised you didn''t pick this up when he signed as it seemed to be everywhere at the time

MInd blown? really.

It is very common knowledge to anyone following football over the last 4-5 years

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]MInd blown? really.

It is very common knowledge to anyone following football over the last 4-5 years[/quote]
He was playing for Halmstads BK eighteen months ago and has two Sweden caps, might be common knowledge to everybody who has been looking for left backs in Football Manager 2013 but pretty sure I''m not supposed to memorise the name and face of every person ever to fart or burp on a football pitch in this continent.
At least they don''t need to sign a replacement. 

Is this the first time we have had half of an identical duo playing in yellow? (where both have been footballers?)
I can remember we were once keen on signing one of the Chamber''s twins, can''t remember which one.
Lars Bender and Sven Bender are the best twins around at the minute I reckon, both amazing young players. 

[quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]MInd blown? really. It is very common knowledge to anyone following football over the last 4-5 years[/quote]

He was playing for Halmstads BK eighteen months ago and has two Sweden caps, might be common knowledge to everybody who has been looking for left backs in Football Manager 2013 but pretty sure I''m not supposed to memorise the name and face of every person ever to fart or burp on a football pitch in this continent.

[/quote]

lol - if only I have ever either owned or play FM or any of the alternatives. 

You would not even to have followed just the prem league to be aware of it.   Such depth of knowledge of the game establishes the credibility of such certain pronouncements in other threads    

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]MInd blown? really. It is very common knowledge to anyone following football over the last 4-5 years[/quote]

[/quote]

lol - if only I have ever either owned or play FM or any of the alternatives. 

You would not even to have followed just the prem league to be aware of it.   Such depth of knowledge of the game establishes the credibility of such certain pronouncements in other threads    

[/quote]
Don''t think I''m supposed to know the name of every player to play a few games over a few months in the Premier League either, that would be the football equivalent of trainspotting.