Sign in to follow this  
yoda

England v Scotland friendly

With us having 3 players likely to start for the scots I must just have to support them for once !

[quote user="yoda"]With us having 3 players likely to start for the scots I must just have to support them for once ![/quote]Never. The whole team could play for Norwich and I''d still cheer England over them and hope they get stuffed.

First we have a thread about changing the club name now one about supporting the Jocks !!  The world has gone mad. [:@]

[quote user="Vanwink"]Don''t you support your Jocks Tilly?[/quote]

I certainly do not support Scotland. I take it if we had a couple of Germans in the squad you would start following the fortunes of Germany. ?

[quote user="Vanwink"]Think outside the box constable.[/quote]

And the problem with being English and supporting England as opposed to wanting the Jocks to turn us over at Wembley just because 3 of the City squad are Scottish is exactly...............?

So thinking outside the box if at some point during the game inside the box Snodgrass takes a penalty and Ruddy is facing....

Do we just shut our eyes or are we happy with any outcome?

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Main thing is none of them get an injury, I''ll be happy if none of them actually play.[/quote]

This pretty much sums it up for me too. I''m not on board with an international so close to the start of the season

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

I certainly do not support Scotland. I take it if we had a couple of Germans in the squad you would start following the fortunes of Germany. ?

[/quote]

Well, I''ve supported Holland since 1973 so signing a couple wasn''t even necessary. Nice though.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote] Well, I''ve supported Holland since 1973 so signing a couple wasn''t even necessary. Nice though.[/quote]

I am sure you have your reasons for supporting Holland for 40 years Cambridge but to want the Jocks to turn us over is just soooo wrong in my mind.

http://media.photobucket.com/user/BeastDavid/media/Jockstrap.jpg.html?filters[term]=jockstrap&filters[primary]=images&filters[secondary]=videos&sort=1&o=3

Do you support your Jocks TIL 1010 ?

Wouldn''t go as far as wanting Scotland to win but won''t exactly be sat there cheering on England either.

Long lost any interest in our international side.

You make a conscious decision as to which football club you support-for whatever reasons, mine, as is so many others was based primarily on the identity I much more relate to (ie) Norwich and Norfolk rather than being "English"-whatever the latter means. Coming from Norfolk on the other hand does matter to me and does mean something to me. Club before country for me, I know that''s not everyone''s choice and fair play to them but that''s the way it is.

I agree Shuck. My feelings are similar. It''s not helped by the moronic, sometimes xenophobic hype that surrounds every tournament with face painted crowds convinced we will win.

Yet with minor exceptions, it has been over 30 years since our arrogant spoilt national players warranted that hype and certainly since they''ve lived up to it.

This links with Jonzey''s thread about helping the national team. For the last 30 years the leading countries have trained their kids in ball skills and an understanding of the game. We value strength, commitment and grit above ability. The list of missed opportunities stretches from Tony Currie, past Alan Hudson on to the likes of , well who exactly? There are no ball playing intelligent players today. There are plenty in the Prem but Mata, Coutinho, Nani, Hazard etc are all foreign.

Is there an English equivalent even of Fer? Can''t think of one.

The wake up call has been sounding since the 70s. Flying flags on your car, face painting and not wearing a shirt are no substitute for producing good players who can thrive at international level. England will disappoint as long as the youth system misses the point.

If Scotland beat us there will be lots of wailing but I doubt anything will change

Do not care about England football team often laugh at our failings, grew up with Italia 90 being special... Since only 2 games stand out the 5-1 over Germany and 3-2 loss to Portugal with amazing goals from the Portuguese.

Worked in the us and the development is superb compared to here ''the home of football''

I just want our players to have a good run out and come back with a little fire in the belly. Of course the hype and full stadium will get emotions high, fair enough but I care about Ncfc only, it is us staying up and developing as a club. But our players will then be very ready for the kick off against Everton.

Jeez and here''s me as a scot intending to wear my city top to the game and a show of support for the 3 norwich boys in the team

If Scotland win with 3 Norwich players in then Woy might be pressured to add some to his team, Hooper, Johnson & Ruddy. You never know.

I''ve since euro 96 have I bothered too much about England , the overpaid prima donna''s always let you down anyway , so as far as i''m concerned if the Norwich three play well and win then good for them , as someone else said , i''m proud to be from Norfolk but being Engligh means nothing special to me , in fact i''m always a bit envious of the Scots and Irish , they seem to have more of an identity than we do , i mean we barely even celebrate St Georges day !

I choose to support Norwich. Yes, I also quite agree that England''s performances, appointments, the youth, the whole set up has been fairly dire since 96. I have also paid less attention tothe national side and have lost a lot of the excitement and enthusiasm I used to have when an England game was approaching.

However, as I said, I choose to support Norwich. You don''t choose your nationality. If you''re English and you follow football you support England, unquestionably.

To be cheering for Scotland is ludicrous! I can guarante that if Celtic had 2 or 3 players in the England side not 1 Scotsman would cheer for England, the thought would not even cross their minds. The Scots have such a strong hatred of the English.

[quote user="Sing up the river end "]As long as all the Norwich lads come back in one peace ready for the start of the season I couldn''t care less what happens.[/quote]Past caring about England now,Utterly rediculous time to have a friendly

I wouldn''t go as far as wanting Scotland to win, so I want our three Scottish players to do well. 
So perhaps 4-3 to England, with all three Scotland goals being conceeded by Hart, with Ruddy playing 45 without conceding. Goals for Martin, Snodgrass and Whittaker, all other Scottish players to be crap. 

[quote user="yoda"] in fact i''m always a bit envious of the Scots and Irish , they seem to have more of an identity than we do , i mean we barely even celebrate St Georges day !

[/quote]

They have an identity and are proud to display and support their country. What is it that makes us celebrate St.Patricks Day and go to the pub to down pints of Guinness or attend Burns Night celebrations ? I am proud to be English and St.Georges Day should be a national holiday. As someone has said the Jocks have a hatred of the English when it comes to football  and if we were to play an Assad X1 managed by Robert Mugabee I can tell you here and now who the Jocks would be rooting for !