Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Match Thread - Panathinikos

It looked like his knee to me. Could be a precaution and he could be fine. However if he''s done his cruciate, then we might not see him at all this season.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"]Just got a stream to work and the first thing I see is what looks like Hooper being stretchered off, please tell me that wasn''t serious?[/quote]

Link please?[/quote]
I''m on thefirstrow.biz
There are eight links on there, can''t remember which one I clicked, two of them didn''t work for me. 

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Twitchy"]So that''s LB and RVW as only strikers for the opening weekend at least, splash the cash Chrissy quick.[/quote]Fabio is coming![/quote]We might need two more if Hooper is serious and Quags is intended to compete with Wesley.

Good link up and strike from E benno. I think we''re looking decent enough.

[quote user="Willmeister"]It looked like his knee to me. Could be a precaution and he could be fine. However if he''s done his cruciate, then we might not see him at all this season.[/quote]agreed.I wonder if he will be someone we end up releasing in a couple of years after a handful of games and even fewer goals due to injury... i bloody hope not!

Haha, some of the posts on here already... Leys wait for some news shall we?...

This is not what I wanted to hear when I logged on.

Let''s hope we push the boat out and bring in another striker this week because if Hooper is seriously hurt we will be wincing every time Wolfswinkel is tackled!

A painful knee doesn''t have to mean a ligament tear. Hopefully he has just got bad sprain, still looking at four to six weeks out but no serious prospect of permanent damage.
Another not so serious injury that it could be is a meniscus tear. Rather that than a ligament. That''s the injury which Leroy Fer had last year, he had minor surgery but the meniscus tear only kept him out for six weeks (surgery then recuperation).
Let''s just hope that it is either of those two things, and if it is a ligament tear then let''s hope that it is a small tear and not a huge rupture. This is bloody nerveracking, going to be anxious for news from the club on this. 
Has looked to instantly bond with Hoolahan and looked more integrated that Van Wolfswinkel, thought we''d start with Hooper against Everton to be honest. 

Lets just hope its something minor, really liked the look of him in the friendlies/parts of friendlies I have watched.

One word really springs to mind when I have been watching City in these friendlies.......organised ........they looked really well drilled, if you know what I mean...

[quote user="Stig"]Suddenly! Physios and doctors out the wazoo![/quote]
You have to admit, it didn''t look good did it?

Very impressed with Whittaker, looks composed on the ball, hope he stays fit.
E. Bennett looks like he has bulked up (muscle wise, rather than eating too many pork scratchings). 

assure performance, good win and we will take a lot away from the game.Panathinaikos looked a side as good as us, like for like almost in some areas so very pleased with today.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]What actually happened?

Was he tackled or did he land poorly from a leap?[/quote]he was chasing a ball with a defender, they were close but there was no contact. Hoops got to the ball first then just fell to the floor holding below the knee.

Blame the groundsman ;)

We need another third choice before this knock, and of high quality in any case. We needed at lest four strikers so I am sure we can now begin to move on this.

Initially his reaction didn''t look good but once he was stretchered off he seemed to be coping. Expect nothing serious

Thanks Jas.

What a disappointment, after all the speculation in January and this summer, if he is out for a long spell.

Come on McNally bring in striker No. IV asap whatever the cost!

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Thanks Jas.

What a disappointment, after all the speculation in January and this summer, if he is out for a long spell.

Come on McNally bring in striker No. IV asap whatever the cost![/quote]

Irrespective of whether Hooper is out for a while it is plain we were always planing to bring in at least one more striker. If we decide we need another on top as cover for x amount of time there is always the loan market.

Assuming we scored 3 today, none of which were by strikers, maybe we''ll be ok with what we''ve got.

Seriously, somebody please mention the final scorr here.