Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Season Ticket Arrives

My Season Ticket arrived this morning along with a four page leaflet describing how to use it. Apparently variously coloured lights will flash when you insert your card in the Reader.Dear oh dear, next year we will probably need to be finger printed and go through an eye recognition both. Those who fail will be instantly zapped with 10,000 volts and and their shriveled remains will be shipped to Portaloo Road in a blue and white coffin.

[quote user="ricardo"]My Season Ticket arrived this morning along with a four page leaflet describing how to use it. Apparently variously coloured lights will flash when you insert your card in the Reader.Dear oh dear, next year we will probably need to be finger printed and go through an eye recognition both. Those who fail will be instantly zapped with 10,000 volts and and their shriveled remains will be shipped to Portaloo Road in a blue and white coffin.[/quote]

the good thing is, we won''t have to keep waiting for the postman to bring it as said in the instructions we will only get new one if we move

good news all-round  

Eventually an engineer from the club might come to your home and install a Stargate-esq device in a favourite cupboard that breaks you down into base elements, before transporting you through space and time straight to your seat at Carrow Road.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="ricardo"]My Season Ticket arrived this morning along with a four page leaflet describing how to use it. Apparently variously coloured lights will flash when you insert your card in the Reader.Dear oh dear, next year we will probably need to be finger printed and go through an eye recognition both. Those who fail will be instantly zapped with 10,000 volts and and their shriveled remains will be shipped to Portaloo Road in a blue and white coffin.[/quote]

the good thing is, we won''t have to keep waiting for the postman to bring it as said in the instructions we will only get new one if we move

good news all-round  

[/quote]Yes, apparently they last for longer than one season. I can already here the bleating of those who didn''t read the blurb and chuck theirs away when the season ends.Can''t wait to see all the different coloured flashing lights. It''s gonna be like Christmas.[:D]

I''m not saying i''m smarter than McNally, or whoever is pushing this Startgate-esq device to be made.

....but while they''re still developing it, would it not be better to use it on the field of play? Like if we score, rewind time. Transport a Gary Doherty and drop him on the attacking player, that kind of thing?

Just an idea. If i''ve mis-interpreted the clubs plans, please don''t take the mickey. I''m not good with technology.

If ''they'' score even.

Man, this "I really believe this device was being made" style joke is gonna die on it''s head now i''ve had to post a follow-up.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="pete_norw"]

good news all-round  

[/quote]Yes, apparently they last for longer than one season. I can already here the bleating of those who didn''t read the blurb and chuck theirs away when the season ends.

Yes bet most people won''t bother to read the pamphlet, but even the daftest will notice that their is no date on this one, so must last longer

the club will have to announce it at the Arsenal game reminding people not to throw the S/T away. Can''t wait to see all the different coloured flashing lights. It''s gonna be like Christmas.[:D][/quote]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="ricardo"]My Season Ticket arrived this morning along with a four page leaflet describing how to use it. Apparently variously coloured lights will flash when you insert your card in the Reader.

Dear oh dear, next year we will probably need to be finger printed and go through an eye recognition both. Those who fail will be instantly zapped with 10,000 volts and and their shriveled remains will be shipped to Portaloo Road in a blue and white coffin.
[/quote]

good news all-round  

[/quote]

Yes, apparently they last for longer than one season. I can already here the bleating of those who didn''t read the blurb and chuck theirs away when the season ends.

Can''t wait to see all the different coloured flashing lights. It''s gonna be like Christmas.[:D]
[/quote]

Knowing my luck it''s going to say ''Exterminate, Exterminate, Exterminate...'' [:D]

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]I''m not saying i''m smarter than McNally, or whoever is pushing this Startgate-esq device to be made.

....but while they''re still developing it, would it not be better to use it on the field of play? Like if we score, rewind time. Transport a Gary Doherty and drop him on the attacking player, that kind of thing?

Just an idea. If i''ve mis-interpreted the clubs plans, please don''t take the mickey. I''m not good with technology.[/quote]I''ve got quite a comical mental image of Van Persie catching sight of a sprawling Gary Doherty as he plummets from the ether on a collision course.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

the club will have to announce it at the Arsenal game reminding people not to throw the S/T away. 
[/quote]

I doubt that very much as I bet the club are already rubbing their hands at the thought of replacing these new season tickets at £50 a time for those who will not grasp they now last until you move seats or give up the ticket.

Apparently there are six designs with famous moments pictured along the top. Mine has a scene of Gerry Goss scoring against Bayern Munich along the top. My daughter has Jimmy Bone scoring the first top flight goal on hers.

Anyone know what the other four scenes are?

One point?.....in the card instructions leaflet it says under the heading "non premiership matches" i.e cup games...purchase your normal seat and your card will be activted so that the machine gives you admission for the match.

what happens if you buy a seat that isn''t your normal season ticket seat?.....what do you receive as proof of purchase or proof or which seat youre supposed to be sitting in?

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Apparently there are six designs with famous moments pictured along the top. Mine has a scene of Gerry Goss scoring against Bayern Munich along the top. My daughter has Jimmy Bone scoring the first top flight goal on hers.

Anyone know what the other four scenes are?[/quote]I got Jamie Cureton blazing one into the side of the Holiday Inn.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]Apparently there are six designs with famous moments pictured along the top. Mine has a scene of Gerry Goss scoring against Bayern Munich along the top. My daughter has Jimmy Bone scoring the first top flight goal on hers. Anyone know what the other four scenes are?[/quote]

I got Jamie Cureton blazing one into the side of the Holiday Inn.

[/quote]

Thankfully, that happened before the re-design.

Mine shows a flapping Theoklitos seconds after a calamitous pitched back pass from Otsemobor.

Perhaps another popular design could have been just 22 minutes into the season, with the season ticket 2 chucking away their season ticket, with Gunn looking on alongside Manny the kitman and being restrained, of all people, by the Colchester manager and his assistant.

A truly momentous day.

Mine has a picture of a Liverpool away fan dancing on the Carrow Rd pitch,  gesticulating and swearing at the Barclay, with a row of stewards and police stood motionless in the background with a look of "Not my job, mate".

I was offered one showing the Doc holding some Tranmere player off the ground from behind.  It was a little too reminiscent of the erotic ancient Greek pottery now being displayed in the British Museum for family use so I opted instead for Ian Harte being shot by a sniper whilst standing next to Holt.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Apparently there are six designs with famous moments pictured along the top. Mine has a scene of Gerry Goss scoring against Bayern Munich along the top. My daughter has Jimmy Bone scoring the first top flight goal on hers. Anyone know what the other four scenes are?[/quote]

Mine for The City Stand centre seats has the 85 Milk Cup team at Wembley posing with the trophy on the pitch.

Are the pics matched to the demographic of the stand the seat is in? My central Jarrold has a pic of the 1959 cup run.Quite apt for the over 60s. For the City Stand something featuring The Nest maybe?

[quote user="nulli secundus"]Are the pics matched to the demographic of the stand the seat is in? My central Jarrold has a pic of the 1959 cup run.Quite apt for the over 60s. For the City Stand something featuring The Nest maybe?[/quote]Think it''s just pot luck. I''m in the same area and mine shows Pilkington''s winner against Man Utd last season.

That''s five of the six then.

''59 cup run

First top flight goal

Winning the Milk cup in ''85

Goss scoring against Munich

Pills winner against Man U last season.

Come on who''s got the last one?

On topic my three arrived today as well, £20 if you need a replacement, not £50 as was mentioned earlier by the media star!

My season ticket is the king greeting the players, but my panathiokitksitksi ticket is of pilks scoring against manure last year.