Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

credit to the 12 panathinaikos fans

that sang their @rses of for 90 minutes and put the home fans to shame

bit of an odd game today, think hughton has kept his cards close to his chest this pre season, theres no real indication of who is first choicecity lacked a little ''oomph'', was all a bit flat going forward and would have been nice to see a few shots flying in, people taking risks given it was a friendlyone noticeable thing was city need to get the ball out of their feet a bit quicker, there was a lot of 4 or 5 touches when it only needed 1concerning to see hooper stretchered off, he was only about 10 yards from the touchline so the use of the stretcher is a worry

was hoping to see something that resembled a first choice 11 for some of it given it was the last pre season game

i saw some city fans get moved into the upper tier, and one shirtless fan being held back by stewards after someone came up the stairwell goading themtbh they did themselves credit, could have had a pin drop if they werent there, there were literally about 12-15 of them

They were brilliant, no noise from the home fans, not unusual at a friendly full of mums and dads and kids. Shame on the City fans that got arsey because they were being outsung by a handful of Greeks, or is the correct terminology a bailout of Greeks

haha yeh maybe the problem was theres not many football songs that rhyme with ''bailout'' or ''owned by germans'' the barclay could sing at them

the shame is more that they turned in up few numbers and tried to make an atmosphere, most of which was met by a response of, erm, nothing

>think hughton has kept his cards close to his chest this pre season, theres no real indication of who is first choice

I''m not sure about that, I think with an injury free squad the starting eleven almost picks itself.

Ruddy

Martin/Turner/Bassong/Garrido

[somebody]/Fer

Snodgrass/Hoolahan/Pilks

v.Wolfswinkel

Howson would probably be my pick to play beside Fer but if Tettey can replicate the form during that fabled unbeaten streak I think he''d get the nod. Even with the 2 goals today I can''t see Johnson being anything other than a squad player.

Of course Garrido and Pilkington''s positions are pretty debatable with Redmond and Olsson looking good in preseason but I think they''ll have to impress in competitive games before they can consider themselves starters.

sang ?noise yes, but certainly not anything that resembled singing

a very unkind person near me claimed it sounded like someone with learning difficulties locked in a cupboard

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]

Further than Wimbledon yet Panathinaikos  still brought more fans than they did that season we had no South Stand lol

[/quote]

Yeah but Wimbledon came further than the kebab shops on Prince of Wales Road. [:D]