Sign in to follow this  
Damo

Norwich City V Panathinaikos - Player ratings

Not a great game by any stretch of the imagination, but some positives. I won''t go into depth, I''ll leave that for Ricardo and his report.

Ruddy - 6 - Don''t recall him having to make a save. Decent distribution as usual, but did look a bit iffy with some crosses.

Martin - 7 - Solid in the tackle and an ever willing runner going forward. Decision making comes into question sometimes, e.g. Trying to usher the ball out of play when it is barely moving. resulting corner could easily have led to a goal.

Turner - 6 - Relatively untested, but ok with what came his way. Distribution sometimes played others into trouble.

R Bennett - 7 - Better distribution than Turner, including some very nice cross field balls. Dd nothing wrong that I can remember. I do feel like he and Turner are a partnership with mistakes in them though.

Garrido - 7 - Would have been a 6 if not for his fine cross leading to Jonhson''s second goal. Positionally he is very weak, and got skinned too often today.

Snodgrass - 7 - Good dead ball delivery, first leading to a goal. Faded as the half went on, but tackled back well.

Tettey - 8 - This may have a lot of people disagreeing with me. I thought he looked good today. Very composed on the ball and strong in the tackle. One of the better performances I''ve seen from him. Passing looked better as well.

Johnson - 8/9 - Two well taken goals, especially the second which was a cracking header. Not afraid to put a foot in and covered a lot of ground. Passing was good for the most part.

Hoolahan - 6 - Frustrating. Very frustrating. Old habits die hard with Wes, especially the one of beating the same man over and over again. He does the simple short passes brilliantly, but tries the overly complicated too often.

Ollsson - 6 - Not his best position. Looked decent on the ball, quick across the ground too. Didn''t really have an impact on the game though.

Hooper - 6 - 1st touch seemed off today, but didn''t whine about loosing the ball and worked to win it back. Could, maybe should have scored early on. Worried about the injury.

Subs:

Whittaker -7 - Good in possession and in defence. His obvious weakness is pace. Could be a great asset if he can stay injury free.

Fer - 6 - Looked enthusiastic and certainly put himself about. Short passes not great, but obviously has an eye for a through ball.

E Bennett - 7 - Better than I expected. Ran well with the ball and got a good effort in on goal. Would be happy to see him involved more this season if he can become a bit more consistent.

Redmond - 7 - Not on for long but was very dangerous. Not scared to run with the ball and crossed well. Looks to have a good shot on him as well.

RVW - 6 - Didn''t have much of an impact and struggled to get involved. A real shame we didn''t see more of him and Hooper, which is what a lot of people wanted to see. Can clearly see his movement is a class above what we''re used to.

Apologies for the typing errors, using an iPad isn''t always the best way to ensure accuracy.

Thanks, reports like this are always appreciated. I only got to see the second half, and thought it was a great run out and that our organisation was excellent, two players for me impressed, that was Ryan Bennett and Elliot Bennett, two players who clearly knew they neeeded to impress, thought RVW''s awareness and movement was good too..............as for Tettey, clearly he must have been much better in the first half....

re tetteywouldnt call him motm, but his passing and control looked like it had come on a huge amount, he didnt make one clumsy/awkward/hurried mistake all gametakes a lot for me to admit that as i dont rate him at all

I thought Tettey looked to be playing like he was for the first half of last season today.

My man of the match

Improved performance from Garrido over Tuesday night, seems to play a lot better without the beard.

Wes was not his best but why oh why did Hughton stick him on the wing again, didn''t he get the message last season?

Are you lot serious about tettey??!!

This guy is awful at best. I don''t know how you lot see what you see sometimes.

Bloke passes balls sidewards 5 yards and he''s man of the match??

Joking aren''t you

[quote user="Farro"]Not a great game by any stretch of the imagination, but some positives. I won''t go into depth, I''ll leave that for Ricardo and his report. [/quote]

Sorry folks but for family reasons I was unable to go today so will have to rely on someone else''s report.Rest assured that I will be back in my seat when the real business starts next Saturday.

Wes on the wing? Don''t think so. First half Olsson, 2nd half more of Fer down there but moved central after Redmond come on, who then ran that wing.

Wes''s passing today was very poor. Garridos corners poor 2nd half but passing generally perfect again. Another great ball in for our 2nd.

Redmond though...he''s got something about him. Want''s it and I like that

I thought Tettey was poor first half but came alive in the second half, some great tackles and some good passing. Johnson was a well deserved MOTM for me.

Olsson and Garrido were tearing up the left wing first half and I thought Olsson looked very sharp personally.

Agree not Wes'' best game, I''m a massive fan but he was poor today. The first half he was bypassed as all traffic went down the wings, second half he started on the right wing, then back to the centre when hooper was injured. Just seemed to be trying to do to much in the final 30.

Redmond looks a bargain, cant wait to see him unleashed on some of the PLs slower defenders! not sure why Fer started left midfield 2nd half, bit odd, but looks a beast!

Some very bizarre ratings here.

Personally I thought Olsson was very good, liked his link with Garrido who, apart from a dodgy 5 mins in the second half, was also very good.

Wes was superb, usual sporadic give aways from trying too hard but otherwise kept us going forward. BJ was fantastic today, nuff said.

Back four commanded well, couple of dodgy passes but relatively untroubled. Witts was very good second half, why some people think he''s slow is beyond me.

Fer, going to be the signing of the season I think. Redmond, rough diamond, needs a bit of polish.

Hooper. yes I was a doubter but I think he''ll prove me wrong and RVW seems to be taking a bit of time to settle, as expected, but showed some lovely touches. No real bad points at all. As some have said Tettey wasn''t great first half but was very good second half. Oh and Elliott Bennet looked very sharp when he came on.

All in all I thought it was typical pre season, a bit rusty in parts, especially with the new boys needing time with the team but some lovely interplay.

[quote user="Tony Moore"]"Wes was superb",

Please tell me you''re joking!!![/quote]Yeh agreed he was a mess today. He works so hard to mess up the final ball or just runs into a brick wall so to speak.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Tony Moore"]"Wes was superb",

Please tell me you''re joking!!![/quote]Yeh agreed he was a mess today. He works so hard to mess up the final ball or just runs into a brick wall so to speak.[/quote]

Wes gave the type of high octane performance of a player whose position in the team is under threat by quality.

H