Sign in to follow this  
Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . .

Not expecting much from this season

[quote user="jossacklandsspunkybackpack"]don''t see any signs of improvement in terms of our style of play under hughton.[/quote]yes... we have spent 25 million pounds in getting relegated...

[quote user="jossacklandsspunkybackpack"]don''t see any signs of improvement in terms of our style of play under hughton.[/quote]

Yup. We''ve spent all this money and yet the exact same problems that existed last season still exist.

I still maintain that Chris Hughton is not good enough to manage in the premier league.

[quote user="iwansnorwich"][quote user="jossacklandsspunkybackpack"]don''t see any signs of improvement in terms of our style of play under hughton.[/quote]

Yup. We''ve spent all this money and yet the exact same problems that existed last season still exist.

I still maintain that Chris Hughton is not good enough to manage in the premier league.[/quote]
How do you know when we are yet to play a competitive game? I assume you''re not stupid enough to make such bold predictions from friendly games so i am curious to know what you are basing it on?

There are some proper wind-up merchants on this website

Why do you all keep biting? The op and his pal are clearly on the wind up

You must be blind, there are considerable signs of improvement. Fer and Olsson look very good indeed  and Redmond is a real box of tricks even if he isn''t quite sure where he is going sometimes. The 2 new strikers have got off to a slowish start but look fine with more service. There should be a lot worst teams than us this season

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="iwansnorwich"][quote user="jossacklandsspunkybackpack"]don''t see any signs of improvement in terms of our style of play under hughton.[/quote]

I still maintain that Chris Hughton is not good enough to manage in the premier league.[/quote]
How do you know when we are yet to play a competitive game? I assume you''re not stupid enough to make such bold predictions from friendly games so i am curious to know what you are basing it on?
[/quote]

I am not saying I care about the results of friendly games but when we still have failed to create many chances and looked poor going forward in every pre-season game I have watched (5) it is worrying.

[quote user="priceyrice"]Thats cool, do you have a season ticket you dont want then? family been on the waiting list for two years now[/quote] 2years? Sounds like the amount of time we''ve been in the prem... Coincidence?

[quote user="refjezdavies"]There are some proper wind-up merchants on this website

Why do you all keep biting? The op and his pal are clearly on the wind up[/quote]OP and his pal are clearly the same Person i think you meant.

[quote user="Dr.Pepper"][quote user="priceyrice"]Thats cool, do you have a season ticket you dont want then? family been on the waiting list for two years now[/quote] 2years? Sounds like the amount of time we''ve been in the prem... Coincidence?[/quote]
No it''s not! But no need to explain to someone who has posted on this thread on 3 different accounts - you should learn to change your IP

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="refjezdavies"]There are some proper wind-up merchants on this website

Why do you all keep biting? The op and his pal are clearly on the wind up[/quote]OP and his pal are clearly the same Person i think you meant.[/quote]
He''s posted under 3 accounts on this thread, obvious Binner with no job and a lot of spare time alert!

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="refjezdavies"]There are some proper wind-up merchants on this website

Why do you all keep biting? The op and his pal are clearly on the wind up[/quote]OP and his pal are clearly the same Person i think you meant.[/quote]
He''s posted under 3 accounts on this thread, obvious Binner with no job and a lot of spare time alert!
[/quote]obviously over excited after today''s 3-0 win over Millwall... "Promotion Party!!!"

Hooper looks to have been a much better signing than I initially thought, and, I would be slightly worried if he isn''t going to be fit for Everton.

I''d also feel more confident if Hughton is able to sign another CB & CF

Haven''t been able to get to any games so far, but a couple of question:

How have we looked in the final 3rd?

Have we been creating chances from central areas? Ie centre mids penetrating with thru balls? Or has it all been about the wide men?

Who has been the most impressive?

Am I right to think that a passing/creative centre mid (not off the forward) is needed? Ie a better version of Fox.

Cheers

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Haven''t been able to get to any games so far......[/quote]Don''t worry cusdp, the season hasn''t started yet.

Pre-season results are notoriously poor at indicating how the real stuff will go. Some of our best years have come on the back of dreadful pre-seasons.Nor should we set much store in the opening game result (remember our 2 promotion years and last season at Fulham?).My best guess is mid-table although I hope for better.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="can u sit down please"]Haven''t been able to get to any games so far......[/quote]Don''t worry cusdp, the season hasn''t started yet. [/quote]

Haha. Thanks.

I never miss friendlies normally but I''m due back Thursday, if I get stuck and miss the Everton game ill cry.

Anyone able to answer those quick q''s

CUSDP, to me Redmond has looked very promising although I feel he needs to learn when to release the ball rather then trying to take everyone on.

In the friendly against Real Sociedad, Olsson was awesome, Fer had a bit of a quiet game that game but looked strong and promising.

Tbh when RVW has been on the pitch he hasnt had that much service, although im sure all the players will up there game against Everton.

"How people can judge on pre season is ridiculous "

To be fair many of us who watched last seasons friendlies worried about the lack of goals and the need for more fire power. Look how that turned out! Yes 11th place but goal scoring remained poor as indicated during pre season.

[quote user="HoltsDerbyDayHattrick"]Joss your an idiot.

How people can judge on pre season is ridiculous.[/quote] I think Joss has shown enough this pre season for your assessment to be pretty accurate.