Sign in to follow this  
Blurboy1980

Another Striker needed

Just shows with the loss of Hooper how thin we are up front. It might just be a minor strain but still we need someone else for backup. Come on Ola

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]Just shows with the loss of Hooper how thin we are up front. It might just be a minor strain but still we need someone else for backup. Come on Ola[/quote]Toivananen doesnt want to come.. if he does it''s because no one else bid for him.. he''ll have one eye on january 1st and the exit door if he signs.Look elsewhere

Even if he''s back by then. Still need a striker or 2.

Personally I think he was strechered off to save the embarrassment of how much of a waste of money he is

I think Hoops if he gets most of the season will be our top scorer. Seems RVW needs to get more gritty in front of goal and needs to strengthen up a little but over time his body will fill out more.

Both of our strikers have looked ok to me in this weeks friendlies, hopefully it will be a minor injury for Hooper. If I do have a slight moan we have not exactly created shedloads of chances in these two games but it is still early days and I for one am much more optimistic than this time last season

REV and Becchio can cover the no. 9 role for now, we still do need a goalscoring number 10 to challenge Hoolahan unless fer is that man? Ola, Mounir our Quag would put my mind at ease though. We have plenty that can ''do a job'' there but we''re still short of real quality there.

Can''t argue with you there. I was at the game today, didn''t get a very good look at the actual cause of the injury itself, but there were lots of physios and a stretcher.

I hope it was just a precaution but i''m willing to bet it was a twisted knee that could see Hooper out for a couple of months.

Time to splash the cash on another striker, and soon.

Hughton said on radio Norfolk that Hooper had a knock on the side of the shin and was having an x-ray as a precaution, so all this talk of knee and ankle ligament damage is premature, which is good news......BUT.........even if he is fit ,I still dont see him and RVW as natural partners?

I still dont think we''ve adressed the 2nd striker role proporly as Hoolahan will not get enough goals. I belive Fer will be of more use to us moving forward from a deeper role alongside Johnson.

one bit of good news ,Hughton confirmed that Bassong will play in the U21 match on Monday at Colney, Bassong himself that he''s been training for a couple of weeks and sounds like he believes he''s ready to play v Everton..

You would think a bet on at least one new striker at Norwich in the next week is easy money.

Linked with so many and only have two that Hughton seems to favour, let alone the Becchio conundrum. Seemed to be rumblings of him being off to the Championship recently and not brought on today despite going a striker down does beg the question.

It best be someone with a complicated name or I shall be ever so disappointed.

[quote user="Mason 47"]You would think a bet on at least one new striker at Norwich in the next week is easy money.

Linked with so many and only have two that Hughton seems to favour, let alone the Becchio conundrum. Seemed to be rumblings of him being off to the Championship recently and not brought on today despite going a striker down does beg the question.

It best be someone with a complicated name or I shall be ever so disappointed.[/quote]Sounds like that''s Rooney out of the frame then........

We need four strikers in the squad that the manager is willing to play - at the moment we have two of which one is injured. Looks like a lot of 4-5-1s and play for the draw again this season.

"Warren Hill"It''s started already, hooten out!!!!!

Same old, same old............

How do you know that. How many prem games have you seen him play. Hasnt even had a proper chance yet. Not like the opportunities kamara got.

If he''d have been Premiership class, someone would have come in for him a long time ago and even failing that, he would have made more of an impression last season.  Not forgetting he is the only one of last seasons strikers remaining at the club this season, yet bizarrely was barely used last season, when supposed (in some people''s eyes) worse strikers who have now all left, were ahead of him in the pecking order!!!