Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Tilly On The Telly.

BBC Breakfast TV in the morning are doing a feature on http://www.bettertransport.org.uk/football and contacted me this afternoon to speak on behalf of Norwich fans. It will be on between 6-9 am !! Basically what they want is for Rail companies to have a special railcard for football fans offering discounts on rail travel and for clubs to have arrangements with local bus companies whereby production of your match ticket gives you free bus travel. BBC Radio 5 Live are also on the case and might ring me at 7.30am to speak on the radio.

Before anyone asks I have absolutely no idea where they got my mobile number from but I am sure this little media moment will cause merriment amongst some on here. [;)]

I''d be happy with that offer Tilly - ''Er yeah, can I get a free Swanage Dorset return to Norwich please Bus driver? Oh, I take it you didn''t see Andrew Tilson this morning snuggled up with Lorraine Kelly and a sausage and egg McMuffin then?''

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

BBC Breakfast TV in the morning 

[/quote]Thanks for clarifying that, otherwise some of us might have watched Breakfast TV at dinnertime.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Thanks for clarifying that, otherwise some of us might have watched Breakfast TV at dinnertime.

[/quote]

I think I''ll get up at dinnertime....

[quote user="TIL 1010"]BBC Breakfast TV contacted me to speak on behalf of Norwich fans. It will be on between 6-9 am..[/quote]

[/quote]Thanks for clarifying that, otherwise some of us might have watched Breakfast TV at dinnertime.

[/quote]Brilliant stuff pmsl.

[quote user="Kathy "]Bugger. I thought I''d given the mobile number to ''Embarrassing bodies''.[/quote]

[:D]

I thought Tilly would have been on the Teletubbies (no need for the costume then!).

Dipsy, Laa-Laa or Po - No none of them, it''s got to be Tinky Winky!!!

"We need to speak to a Norwich fan to get their views..."

"Where will we find such a creature?"

"Boss, I''ve scoured the internet and have found this place called The Pink One, here I have found an old column from 2008. It is written by a member of a now defunct supporters group and on it is a telephone number!!!!"

"Well I don''t think we can hope for better than that, try the number...."

[quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

absolutely no idea where they got my mobile number from

[/quote]

Perhaps it has something to do with you publishing it on the pinkun half a dozen times 

[/quote]

I should really be humbled to think that national tv reads my Pink Un article from 5 years ago to get my mobile number I suppose. Well spotted TNB.

[/quote]

Thanks for clarifying that, otherwise some of us might have watched Breakfast TV at dinnertime.

[/quote]

Maybe should have said tomorrow and not morning hey Mister C. ?

[quote user="Warren Hill"]"We need to speak to a Norwich fan to get their views..."

"Where will we find such a creature?"

"Boss, I''ve scoured the internet and have found this place called The Pink One, here I have found an old column from 2008. It is written by a member of a now defunct supporters group and on it is a telephone number!!!!"

"Well I don''t think we can hope for better than that, try the number...."[/quote]
I was thinking more along the lines of....
"Let''s find a Norwich fan they might have a funny accent"
"Good idea, where do we find one of those?" 
"Errrmmm.... Supporters group? Here you go, Google says something about this John Tilson bloke from some supporters group"
"Got a number?" 
**Google''s ''John Tilson NCISA'' ** 
BINGO - Result five, don''t even have to click on the link. Doesn''t sound like rocket science does it? 

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Given that Tilson had appeared on MOTD. thanks to his NCISA connections then I suspect the BBC. had his number on record and gave it a ring.[/quote]

I was only a stand in substitute that day Springall and turned up on the day at the request of one of my friends who were also on MOTD2 so the answer is no they did not have my phone number. Sorry to be pedantic but let''s stick to fact please. I was wondering if you have any input into the subject matter of transportation to games both home and away that you might wish to discuss in case 5 Live ring in the morning as I know you rely on public transport to get to games being a non driver yourself.