Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Alternative Second Strikers / Attacking Mids

We''re not worryingly under-strikered. Negative tosh as per usual. One more would make 99% of posters happy.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]But one injury to either RvW or Hooper and we wouldn''t even be able to form a 4-4-2! I find that of considerable concern.[/quote]
As much as I agree that we need another striker, or at least a goalscoring AM, you are being a bit dramatic. 
Becchio is a very capable striker and will score at this level. 
If the worst came to worst Snodgrass can play as a forward (has done for Leeds) and Carlton Morris of the U18''s has the body of a 25 year old. 

[quote user="Highland Canary"]But one injury to either RvW or Hooper and we wouldn''t even be able to form a 4-4-2! I find that of considerable concern.[/quote]

I suspect that Quag. is on his way soon....his name was mentioned at the end of a SSN piece about Wolfie and letters on shirts today. Unfortunately I didnt hear everything they said about Quag. other than Italian and Juventus.

Totally agree about Wijnaldum; that would represent a serious coup if we could get him. Also like Maxime Lestienne at Club Bruges, Alfred Finnbogason and albeit highly unlikely due to the huge valuation,Seydou Doumbia.

"I suspect that Quag. is on his way soon....his name was mentioned at

the end of a SSN piece about Wolfie and letters on shirts today.

Unfortunately I didnt hear everything they said about Quag. other than

Italian and Juventus."

Can the earlier footage at FCR be found online to watch would have loved to see it?

According to Sky Keisuke Honda''s move to AC Milan is on the rocks because they won''t pay €5m for him. Surely worth a cheeky bid?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11863/8844298/cska-moscow-in-no-rush-to-sell-ac-milan-target-keisuke-honda

[quote user="Mahogany"]According to Sky Keisuke Honda''s move to AC Milan is on the rocks because they won''t pay €5m for him. Surely worth a cheeky bid?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11863/8844298/cska-moscow-in-no-rush-to-sell-ac-milan-target-keisuke-honda[/quote]
He''s signed a pre-contract agreement with Milan, so he either signs now for €5m or in January for nothing.
Not that he would even entertain the idea of joining Norwich - he''s already turned down Liverpool and Everton because they aren''t in the Champions League.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Michael Bates"]YS72, Interesting to see us linked with this player. I have never heard of him myself or seen him come to it... So just looked him up on Wiki to see what type of player and his record. Seems like he has scored goals at every level he has played at, being very prolific at certain points in the career. Big name managers have been both been in favour and against his inclusion to the starting eleven by the looks of things. At 2million, I would see it as a calculated gamble myself.[/quote]

His record last season was not impressive. Only three starts. and substituted in two of those. Sixteeen times coming on as a sub. It might explain why Fiorentina would be willing to sell, despite having lost Jovetic. Or the story might be a load of tosh.

[/quote]

Before falling out with Frank de Boer and not playing for Ajax during 2011-12 his record between 07-08 to 2010-11 looks ok to me:

2007-08  AZ Alkmaar                  11 + 12 apps       7 goals

2008-09  AZ A.                             31 apps            23 goals

2009-10  AZ.  A.                         26 + 1 apps        20 goals

2010-11  Ajax                             25 + 1 apps         13 goals

2012-13 Florentina                        3  + 16 apps        3 goals

DOB.   14/7/84          Born in Rotterdam          Has played for the Netherlands U21 (3 apps  1 goal)  and for Morocco  (5 apps   2 goals)

6'' tall

It''s always difficult to gauge these things, his record looks pretty good and at some decent sides - playing (or being sub) at Fiorentina is no bad thing in itself. I guess as ever if we go for him we trust CH''s judgement.

Wouldn''t mind Mustapha Yatabare of Guingamp. Been watching them tonight against marseille and he offers pace, effective target man presence either on wing running at defenders or heading long balls into channels. Seems to have powerful shot on him as well. Worth a look IMO