Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Whatever Happened to the Colchester two ?

I have to say the new boy you do sound like a politician the more I read your posts. When I said about hucks managing the club and city getting relegated It was a direct question. Yes I am aware that we are in a different league and I was not asking your opinion about if you believe hucks will do a better job or not. Ok then so it all goes wrong this season then hucks takes over as manager for the last 15 games we go down. Hucks takes on the job next season and we lose our first 5 games of the season including against Ipswich 5 - 0 and hucks insists on staying. Would you slam huckerby still???Some fans forget what people have done so easily. Yes gunny would have gained a bit more respect for not taking the job but who can blame him? Would you have taken the job? I would and I don''t blame gunny one bit for doing it. The blame is with the previous board. Mcnally turned up if I remember after gunnys appointment. Yes peter grant walked away and I respect him for that but how many managers do that? Worthington stayed around when it all went bitter as do most managers probably because they still think they can turn it around and they also want their payoff if the board decide to get rid.As for saying lambert only came to Norwich because Grant Holt had signed for us is laughable.

[quote user="refjezdavies"]Keep digging The ''NEW'' Boy[/quote]Whatever you say ''norfolkboy14''.

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"] As for saying lambert only came to Norwich because Grant Holt had signed for us is laughable.[/quote]
I don''t think Paul Lambert would have come to Norwich if he had managed to sign Grant Holt for Colchester, he''d have stayed and won promotion with them. You disagree, that''s fine. He''d have had Tierney, Fox, and Holt at Colchester then for a start, add Lisbie to that and he''d have finished well above a Gunn-led Norwich in that division. 

The New Boy... do you seriously think Lambert would have turned down Norwich for Colchester under any circumstances? A manager with ambition? A manager who uses each job as a stepping stone to the next? How far do you realistically think he could have gone with Colchester?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

The New Boy... do you seriously think Lambert would have turned down Norwich for Colchester under any circumstances? A manager with ambition? A manager who uses each job as a stepping stone to the next? How far do you realistically think he could have gone with Colchester?

[/quote]
Colchester with Grant Holt or Colchester with no Grant Holt? That would be the relevant question here. 

[quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="Bryangunnshairline"] As for saying lambert only came to Norwich because Grant Holt had signed for us is laughable.[/quote]
I don''t think Paul Lambert would have come to Norwich if he had managed to sign Grant Holt for Colchester, he''d have stayed and won promotion with them. You disagree, that''s fine. He''d have had Tierney, Fox, and Holt at Colchester then for a start, add Lisbie to that and he''d have finished well above a Gunn-led Norwich in that division. 

[/quote]

It is all hypothetical. If only we had answer in the real world, like what would Lambert have done if, having managed Norwich to mid-table safety in the Premier League, he got a job offer from an Aston Villa that finished four places and nine points further down.

[quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"][quote user="refjezdavies"]Keep digging The ''NEW'' Boy[/quote]Whatever you say ''norfolkboy14''.[/quote]

And your point?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="Bryangunnshairline"] As for saying lambert only came to Norwich because Grant Holt had signed for us is laughable.[/quote]

[/quote]

It is all hypothetical. If only we had answer in the real world, like what would Lambert have done if, having managed Norwich to mid-table safety in the Premier League, he got a job offer from an Aston Villa that finished four places and nine points further down.

[/quote]

Is that Aston Villa with or without Grant Holt?

No point arguing with le juge. He used to be a proffesional footballer dont you know ! In league 2 and the blue square so probably knows Grant Holt !*snore snore snore*

So... Does anyone know what happened to the Colchester Two then? Or are we happy to let yet another thread descend into bickering?

Actually, don''t answer the second question, just the first as is the only topic relevant to this thread.

My memory says that they were a father and son from costessey and one of them is a Liverpool supporter.

"Alleged Assault of Ian Crook"... god you talk some toilet!

And despite what anyone says about Gunn, his charity has helped saves Children''s lives... With the money raised over the last 20 years... I couldn''t give a shiny sh!t if there''s some funds unaccounted for... charities are run as businesses and have staff and over heads to pay.

I''ve worked in the charity sector and about 10p in every pound goes to the Good Cause...speculate where the rest goes?

so, despite all of Gunn''s Failings he''s made a difference to a family, ensured they can see a childs smile for a few more days... so TNB, other than blow a lot of hot air, when is the last time you made a difference to someones life, or even saved a life?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]"Alleged Assault of Ian Crook"... god you talk some toilet!

And despite what anyone says about Gunn, his charity has helped saves Children''s lives... With the money raised over the last 20 years... I couldn''t give a shiny sh!t if there''s some funds unaccounted for... charities are run as businesses and have staff and over heads to pay.

I''ve worked in the charity sector and about 10p in every pound goes to the Good Cause...speculate where the rest goes?

so, despite all of Gunn''s Failings he''s made a difference to a family, ensured they can see a childs smile for a few more days... so TNB, other than blow a lot of hot air, when is the last time you made a difference to someones life, or even saved a life?[/quote]Bravo , well said