Sign in to follow this  
Thisisbabyish

Hooper Injury

I am surprised McNally has not been asked for an update on Twatter but mind you he is probably being asked far more serious questions like what time do the coaches leave for Hull or is Yellows open on a Sunday.[;)]

[quote user="SYG. Can''t believe people are saying its a broken leg.

Not a chance in hell, he would of been rolling around in agony.

Yes he got stretcherd off, but he was sat up, with nothing more than a grimiss on his face ]

Oh dear. Trust me, if you break you leg you are not ''rolling around'' in any way at all.

Surest way to spot the divers? Rolling over 5 times back again 3 more.

Yes he got stretcherd off, but he was sat up, with nothing more than a grimiss on his face

What has Hooper being straddled by a sullen woman got to do with this?!

this thread and its jokes are awful.

ill go by what Hughton says as well. And as is the case with all injuries, its better to be on the prudent side and go for multiple tests.

the fact that the initial scan revealed nothing is surely a good thing, and breaking your shin bone is no easy feat (i''ve done it).

dont be so pessimistic.

"The. Acrid stench of piss sodden shorts which drip; drip; drip, onto the shaggy pile of the binners cave! "

Cool story bro?

Hughton said: "He took a bang on the side of his shin. I was very close to the incident at the time so I had a good view of it."

Shin not knee, so can''t see any need to worry about a knee injury.

[quote user="SYG"]Oh dear scooby

I was, trust me[/quote]

As usual SYG, more bull from you. Ya break ya leg, ya don''t move..... Coz it hurts more, dumb@ss. If you''d ever done it for real, you''d know.

Hopefully, it''s much a do about nothing and thankfully  it''s not nearly as bad as it seemed at first, that''s for sure. 

At least it leaves the field clear for RvW to show his class on Saturday. With the Hoots favouring one up front there was some doubt in my head as to who of the two would be on the bench and with Hooper showing up the better thus far the prospect of our record signing not starting would have been a bit of a let down for player and fans alike.

Gary Hooper will now be eased in when fit to become the crowd favourite I think he will be.

BroadstairsR wrote - "Hooper showing up the better thus far..."

Judged on a handful of pre-season games?

RvW was always going to start over Hooper.

[quote user="HoltsDerbyDayHattrick"]Hopefully there will be some sort of announcement soon.[/quote]
Or it''ll drift a little to keep Everton guessing.  I mean, if there''s nothing wrong with him. I doubt they''ll come straight out and say he''s fit for Saturday.

Thirded.

I believe he will well be fit and ready to take the last 20 in his stride and catch Everton on the hop.

Here''s hoping.

[quote user="super canary"]Hooper undergoing further tests on shin injury-from paddy davitt on twitter.[/quote]
Basically, nothing obvious imo.  So you''d think it was nothing long term.

"
Or it''ll drift a little to keep Everton guessing.  I mean, if there''s nothing wrong with him. I doubt they''ll come straight out and say he''s fit for Saturday.
"People keep coming out with statements like this. Do you really think Everton make their plans on the basis of whether one of our players is fit or not? If all our centre backs were injured then that would influence their plans but whether RVW or Hooper or both are playing or whether Hooper or Becchio is the substitute to come on for the last 5 minutes is irrelevant to their planning.

BW''s Cat wrote

"The. Acrid stench of piss sodden shorts which drip; drip; drip, onto the shaggy pile of the binners cave! "

Cool story bro?

Glad you approve!

KC, Some managers do not announce the squad until the last moment for very good reasons, the least the opposition know the better, small margins yes but they do make a difference. Careless talk costs points!

H