Sign in to follow this  
Thisisbabyish

Hooper Injury

It''s been a while since I''ve seen someone properly stretchered off who wasn''t a "euro diver" and Hooper doesn''t seem to be the sort to want to leave a game in that fashion so hope he''s not too bad.

Hughton has come out and said its only a knock but it does show one injury to the Wolf or Hooper and we look seriously short of fire power.

If we sign someone of the calibre of Quagliarella and Wolf and Hooper stay fit our strike force looks deadly!

Football is such a fine line

Even worse for Hooper will be the four hour wait in A&E surrounded by chavs, alcoholics, handcuffed prisoners, tw@ts and their mates and!/or extended families and a smattering of general public especially children and elderly.

Hope he doesn''t have to wait on a trolley in a corridor, especially if he needs a bed but at least he gets to see people working hard for their living.

i doubt thats true, in fact if its from the same source as most of the rumours going around he has a combined broken leg, ankle, thigh, shin, foot and man boob injury and will never play again

"Sat next to Gary Hooper in the X-ray department, just soft tissue damage he seems to think"Says a Norwich fan on TwitterCould be BS but why would you lie about such a thing !

Didn''t look too bad when he went down, didn''t seem a crunching challenge and as I believe Hughton has said it was more of an awkward one... To me, an awkward one means a twist, a strain or a slight tear, not a break, a fracture or a dislocation.  So... from that and coupled with the precautionary terminology used - I wouldn''t think this is a bad one.ALSO.As he was stretchered off they did not put any padding over the leg - the blocks used to keep the leg in place, so this would reaffirm that there is no bone damage as it wasn''t needed to keep it in place.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]"Sat next to Gary Hooper in the X-ray department, just soft tissue damage he seems to think"Says a Norwich fan on TwitterCould be BS but why would you lie about such a thing ![/quote]

Well, I was sitting on the other side of Hooper waiting for my X-ray and overheard this conversation:Hooper to consultant; "Doctor, will I be able to play the violin after the injury has healed?"Consultant: "Of course you will."Hooper: "That''s fantastic, because I never could before."PS. ReadingCanary: Why would someone lie about such a thing? You cannot really be that naive?

[quote user="i hate 1p5wich"]dont know if this is true but just been told hooper will be out for 4 to 6 weeks . hope its just a rumour if not we need another striker or 2 otbc[/quote]

Until the injury settles over the next couple of days, itvwould be impossible to put a time frame on an injury, unless of course it was a break or tear.

My mate''s wife who works at the hospital said Hooper thought he had broken his leg in two placesthe consultant advised him not to go to those two places again

Without wishing to be a merchant of doom and gloom the Club must have been sufficiently concerned that they felt it necessary to send him to hospital. He''s a professional footballer used to knocks and surely would know whether it was a minor knock or something a bit more serious that needed to be looked at. There are also medics and physios at the Club who would have a shrewd idea as to whether or not it was a hospital job. I''m hoping for the best but fearing the worst.    

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]

Without wishing to be a merchant of doom and gloom the Club must have been sufficiently concerned that they felt it necessary to send him to hospital. He''s a professional footballer used to knocks and surely would know whether it was a minor knock or something a bit more serious that needed to be looked at. There are also medics and physios at the Club who would have a shrewd idea as to whether or not it was a hospital job. I''m hoping for the best but fearing the worst.    

[/quote]
Agree with you about this. 
If it would have been something minor I can not see us sending him to hospital, I hope I am wrong but I fear the worst.

[quote user="YellowBlood"][quote user="Barry Brockes"]

[/quote]

Agree with you about this. 

If it would have been something minor I can not see us sending him to hospital, I hope I am wrong but I fear the worst.

[/quote]

I see the pant wetters are about early today then.[:S]

I am sincerely hoping that he is ok because at the moment as everybody is aware we are thin on the ground in that area as it is. I hope Hughton can come through with a couple more players before the transfer window closes, if not we will struggle if more injuries occur. It was a good win yesterday and I hope we can continue to do well lets see!!

No news is good news doesn''t seem to count with footballers'' injuries. Remember Ruddy? We heard nothing and then out for months. If it was something minor we would have heard by now.

With the opening game only 6 days away not giving an update is in our interests as Everton would prefer to know our team now rather than Sat pm. Keep them guessing i say.

H

I heard a whisper from a mate who works up the BUPA hospital.  Hooper has to have his leg amputated and will be out for an hour while it''s getting sawn off.
How long potentially he''ll not be match fit, my mate didn''t know.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]"Sat next to Gary Hooper in the X-ray department, just soft tissue damage he seems to think"Says a Norwich fan on TwitterCould be BS but why would you lie about such a thing ![/quote]

Well, I was sitting on the other side of Hooper waiting for my X-ray and overheard this conversation:Hooper to consultant; "Doctor, will I be able to play the violin after the injury has healed?"Consultant: "Of course you will."Hooper: "That''s fantastic, because I never could before."PS. ReadingCanary: Why would someone lie about such a thing? You cannot really be that naive?

[/quote]Or maybe just maybe it actually happenedAlthough people do seem to thrive off negativity on this forum !

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]I''ll go by CH''s comments after the match, as he was close to the incident. Hard whack on the shin.[/quote]

Oi! stop being sensible.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]Or maybe just maybe it actually happenedAlthough people do seem to thrive off negativity on this forum ![/quote]
OK lets look at the scenario that this did happen.
I would expect that GH would be waiting in X-ray before being "rayed" or getting his results. Can''t see him hanging around after getting his results.So that would then be GH''s own speculation that it is soft tissue damage, not a medical diagnosis.
Now whilst GH may prefer just soft tissue damage to a fracture, and if it were true, that may or may not be good news in terms of recovery time. Some soft tissue injuries can take a considerable time to recover from.

Can''t believe people are saying its a broken leg.

Not a chance in hell, he would of been rolling around in agony.

Yes he got stretcherd off, but he was sat up, with nothing more than a grimiss on his face