Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Using my dads season ticket

Will i be in for any problems doing this?

If it''s just names, i guess not, but more problematic may be my girlfriend using my uncles ticket. Does anyone have any previous experience doing this?

Sorry if anyone thinks it''s ''wrong'' of me to go on someone elses ticket, but i''m a big fan, active as i can be in support living 200 miles away (about 10 games a season when i can get tickets and £50 a month to Murdoch for some of the others!) and have this opportunity to use a ticket that would not have been used otherwise.

I''ve never had a problem. I can''t see there being an issue unless your dad is a pensioner or has some sort of concession on the ticket

Well it''s a swipe system now isn''t it? I doubt the computer is capable of working out whether your girlfriend has a willy or a beard. 

McNally said staff haven''t been made redundant though, so will probably still be someone there who may notice, because otherwise people could start abusing senior or U21/16 prices.

Depending on the type of card issued when being used, the reader will display a series of lights to indicate to staff the type of card and possible misuse when related to the person swiping it.

H

Yeah, the flashing lights will be the give-away to any onlooking staff.Then I believe a robot appears and tells you that you have 20 seconds to comply, like in Robocop (Google it, kids).

...So it''s after the lights flash that they will publicly check her for a Willy?

Isn''t this going to attract the dogging crowd from Mousehold?!

[quote user="haisbrohacker"]Depending on the type of card issued when being used, the reader will display a series of lights to indicate to staff the type of card and possible misuse when related to the person swiping it.

H[/quote]But I believe it''s just different color lights depending on the age bracket (child, under 21 etc) of the ticket swiped, not the gender of it.OP - I have no doubt you''ll be fine.

"The New Boy (Le Juge)"Well it''s a swipe system now isn''t it? I doubt the computer is capable of working out whether your girlfriend has a willy or a beard."

I''ll tell her she won''t need to shave then :-P

JS you won''t have a problem unless your uncle is over 65 and your girl friend is between 18 and 65!! in which case you will need to upgrade the ticket from 65+ concession to full adult price.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Will i be in for any problems doing this? [/quote]You won''t have any problems at all unless the person using the ticket isn''t the same category as the person it belongs to, ie, if you''re an adult don''t try to get in using a junior concession or over 65 ticket. ( presumably if you''re a junior or over 65 using a more expensive adult ticket they''re not going to turn you away [:D] ).I''m always chopping and changing regarding tickets for friends and never had a problem. In fact the bumf that came with my season ticket accepts that season ticket holders give their ticket to family or friend if they can''t use it. Relax.

From the way I read the bunpf, to upgrade the ticket (if you need to) all you have to do is ring the ticket office and pay the upgrade price. Since it''s a computerised system, it should allow that member number to be amended to a suitable category for just that one match. The new tickets are perpetual, you keep the same one from one season to the next (unless of course, you decide not to renew, in which case they just cancel the member number).

Whatever, because it''s a new, computerised system, I''m getting there earlier than normal on Saturday.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]"The New Boy (Le Juge)"Well it''s a swipe system now isn''t it? I doubt the computer is capable of working out whether your girlfriend has a willy or a beard." I''ll tell her she won''t need to shave then :-P[/quote]

With today''s generation I must say I have given up trying to determine if they have a willy or not. It''s often too difficult. I find it much easier to do the crossword puzzle.