Sign in to follow this  
Buster Douglas

Champions?

Ok a bit OT but who do you think will will the Prem this year?

I''ve got to think ATM Man City but if Chelsea find a replacement for the useless Torres I''d go for them.

[quote user="mr lister"]

I''ve got to think ATM Man City but if Chelsea find a replacement for the useless Torres I''d go for them.[/quote]This is the useless Torres who scored 22 goals in the 2012/2013 seasonand who didn''t start every game....Yep he really is useless !

I would love for Mourinho to fall flat on his backside, but sadly doubt it will happen and I fancy Chelsea will take a bit of stopping; they are currently being linked with Eto''o. I know he''s 32 so would presumably be unacceptable to many of our supporters for some reason, but he could certainly help fire Chelsea to the title.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="mr lister"]

I''ve got to think ATM Man City but if Chelsea find a replacement for the useless Torres I''d go for them.[/quote]This is the useless Torres who scored 22 goals in the 2012/2013 seasonand who didn''t start every game....Yep he really is useless !

[/quote]

Yep 36 league apperances 8 goals!!!! 9 in the europa league say''s it all really!

[quote user="mr lister"] the useless Torres [/quote]
2011 wants its cliche back. 
Since then Torres has been instrumental in winning the Champions League (2012), the Europa League (2013), and the European Championships (2012), would have thought that people had woken up by now.

My extreme hatred of MU forces me to cheer for MC. I think Pelligrini will do a fine job. Dzeko and Jovetic will be lethal. Their defense looks solid. I really don''t see them losing many games.

My wife is a diehard Chelsea supporter and would be insufferable if they won this year.

[quote user="mr lister"]Total Chelsea games 131 goals 34 for the money spent on him I think that''s pretty poor!![/quote]
Torres played 76 competitive games in the 2012/13, he is a warrior, would struggle to find a Norwich player capable of playing that much football yet alone come out of it with 27 goals and 8 assists. 

So Mr Torres has been an outstanding success at Chelsea fully justifing the £50 million spent on him.

I can''t think of anyone who has said he has been a success at Chelsea, but, TNB, I bow to your better knowledge!

OTBC

would struggle to find a Norwich player capable of playing that much football yet alone come out of it with 27 goals and 8 assists.

Who''s questioning NCFC players?? TNB I realise your trying to get one back from my previous comments about you, again you have to start a row. When do you go back to school. Chit I can''t believe I''ve bitten again!

[quote user="mr lister"]So Mr Torres has been an outstanding success at Chelsea fully justifing the £50 million spent on him.

I can''t think of anyone who has said he has been a success at Chelsea, but, TNB, I bow to your better knowledge!

OTBC[/quote]
He has stood up and been counted when it matters, he has scored key goals in all of their successes over the past two seasons after his terrible first half season. Here''s a lowdown of the 2011/12 and 2012/13 seasons for Torres:
2012: Scored last minute goal against Barcelona in the Champions League semi-final to knock out the best team in the world, came on in the final with Chelsea 1-0 down, game finished 1-1 and went to extra-time and penalties. Scored three goals and set up another four in the Champions League that season. 
2012: Scored 2 goals and set up another 4 in the FA Cup, a trophy that they won. 
2012: Finished as Golden Boot winner in the European Championships which Spain won, he scored one and set one up in the final against Italy.
2012: Won his 100th Spain cap, making him the sixth most capped player in the history of the Spanish national team, despite them being the best team of the past decade and the strongest that nation have ever been. 
2013: Became the first ever player to score in 7 different competitions in one season.
2013: Won the FIFA Confederations cup Golden Shoe, becoming the first ever player to score 4 goals in one game in that tournament, and the first ever player to score two hat-tricks in one Confederations Cup tournament. Also made the team of the tournament.
2013: Scored the opening goal in the final of the UEFA Europa League final, scored a total of 6 goals in that competition including three over two legs in the Quarters against Rubin - without those three goals they wouldn''t have progressed.
Obviously he is a complete waster with no talent who has wasted two years of his life. If he is useless then what are you? What did you achieve in 2012 and 2013?
Torres is a world class striker who went to the wrong club with the wrong type of players, but despite this he has been instrumental in helping the club achieve a lot of success.
Everybody talks about how World Class he was at Liverpool, but for all the individual honours Liverpool won absolutely nothing during his time there, just like they have won nothing with Suarez either. 
He has matured as a player and now plays an important role for the team which doesn''t evolve entirely around Torres scoring goals. At Liverpool the whole team was geared around Torres scoring goals. At Chelsea he creates more goals and has a different role, and that''s why in the last two seasons he can also boast 20 assists to his name. In the two seasons prior it was 7 assists. 
He is world class, can''t be argued. 

[quote user="mr lister"]would struggle to find a Norwich player capable of playing that much football yet alone come out of it with 27 goals and 8 assists.

Who''s questioning NCFC players?? TNB I realise your trying to get one back from my previous comments about you, again you have to start a row. When do you go back to school. Chit I can''t believe I''ve bitten again![/quote]
I''m not trying to start a row, can''t even remember your comments, but to play 76 games in one season is astonishing and I doubt there are many players who could hold up to that level of intensity. 

[quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"]. If he is useless then what are you? What did you achieve in 2012 and 2013?

[/quote]

And here we go yet again.

And the award for the most argumentative poster goes to.......... The New Boy!Sorry mate but you''re wrong on this one. I could have scored as many goals for Chelsea surrounded by Mata, Hazard, Oscar and Lampard. And I''m sh!t at football.Torres has looked like a little lost girl on the pitch for five years now. He is the epitome of a player trading on his name. He''s too expensive to be dropped, and nobody would sign him and pay him as much. Abramovich makes sure he plays so as not to lose face. He''s crap.As for the question posed by the OP, Man City will walk it this year now Mancini has gone. The guy was a clown.

[quote user="Jonzey"] like a little lost girl on the pitch for five years now. [/quote]
Five years? You sure about that one? 
Well I suppose winning the World Cup, the European Championships, FA Cup, Europa League, Champions League and scoring 18 goals for Spain in those five years isn''t a bad little haul for a little lost girl. 

In answer to the question, I think it will be very close between Man City and Chelsea with my money going on Chelsea.......and Arsenal in third, Manure fourth.....in a very tight season.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"]. If he is useless then what are you? What did you achieve in 2012 and 2013?

[/quote]

[/quote]

And again, what have I got to do with it in terms of football???

Please m8 just go back to poorman rd or boarding school.

I''m holding out until 1st September to make my call, when the business has finished. 

[quote]Interesting that no one has said Manure. Is that cus Fergies not there or because the other teams have bought well to improve themselves??[/quote]

They didn''t look great last season. Unfortunately, neither did anyone else. I think (hopehopehopehope) their luck has run out.

Are any of you who picked Chelsea concerned about who their manager will be for the 2nd half of the season after a 4 points in 5games "slump" results in a vodka-induced firing of Mourinho?

[quote user="mr lister"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"]. If he is useless then what are you? What did you achieve in 2012 and 2013?

[/quote]

[/quote]

And again, what have I got to do with it in terms of football???

Please m8 just go back to poorman rd or boarding school.

[/quote]

I take it that was aimed at TNB not me ? [*-)]

Anyway back on topic I think Moyes will cut the mustard as they say and it would be foolish to right off Man Utd.

It''s funny how Mourinho being at Chelsea and Moyes being at United changes peoples opinions so drastically on who''s going to win the league. United will still be very strong under Moyes and will still be there abouts come May. It''s the players on the pitch that win the league, not the manager ... The next few weeks in the transfer market will have a massive say on who''s going to win the league, until then its too early to make predictions.

Yes Manchester Canary, but it''s the manager who has to put the right players on the pitch at the right times. Moyes is a class act, but Man City have the best squad and Pelligrini is no mug, so theyre my favourites for the league.

However if Chelsea get rid of the useless Torres (hey, TNB?) and get a world class striker in I will amend my shout to say Chelsea for the league.

[quote user="Jonzey"]Yes Manchester Canary, but it''s the manager who has to put the right players on the pitch at the right times. Moyes is a class act, but Man City have the best squad and Pelligrini is no mug, so theyre my favourites for the league.

However if Chelsea get rid of the useless Torres (hey, TNB?) and get a world class striker in I will amend my shout to say Chelsea for the league.[/quote]
What if Mourinho got the best out of the world class striker they already have? I''d have Torres here and so would you, neither Arsenal or Spurs have anybody better than Torres up front, he''s class and Mourinho will get a lot of goals out of him this year.