Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Peter Odemwingie

No we haven''t been linked with him or anything, but West Brom want shot of him after what happened last season, and they now signed Anelka and Vrydra.

Fee to be around 1.5 million which seems a absolute steal. Every time I saw him play, I always thought he was a real handful and scored some great goals. The Quag or Toivenen aren''t coming, so for the money, I think he would be a fantastic signing. Anybody else?

Why not, scores goals. 
Can see him going back to Russia though where they pay huge money (tax free). 

[quote user="HoltsDerbyDayHattrick"]Don''t want him, especially with how he treated West Brom trying to engineer that move.[/quote]
Do you really think that Harry Redknapp was blameless there? 

Whoever he signs for gets a really good player and one who will want to impress.......I''d guess he will be as good as gold at his new club and would welcome him at City to add to our options up front...

He really isn''t that bad of a player, not sure why he is getting slated.

Not saying I want him here, but wouldn''t be disappointed if he arrived

[quote user="HoltsDerbyDayHattrick"]I never said Redknapp wasn''t to blame, but Odemwingie could have shit up and stopped tweeting stuff to stop getting himself in trouble.[/quote]
He got slated but West Brom gave QPR a price and Odemwengie thought that QPR had matched the price, so whilst he was trying to force the move, West Brom were obviously open to selling him. Not like they turned QPR down and Odemwengie threw his toys out of the pram, he didn''t feel wanted and thought the move was on.
Looks like he will end up at QPR afterall, probably for a lot less than they asked for last time, so could end up a Redknapp masterstroke. 

[quote user="mrs miggins"]why are you saying why not?[/quote]
Why am I saying "why not"? 
Because, why not? I''d have him here. 

[quote user="Herman "]How is it a Redknapp masterstroke? Didn''t they get relegated?[/quote]
They were always going to get relegated, I never claimed he was Houdini. Taking charge of a club rooted to the bottom of the league with 4 points in 12 games was never going to be an easy job.  

He had plenty of time to keep them up. It would have been hard but not impossible.

A masterstroke would have been buying him while they were still up, and him getting the goals to keep them up.

Ill advised in the last transfer window and has taken the brunt of it from fans, manager, media ever since. Rightly or wrongly? I don''t know and sometimes sway to believe both sides.Given that, IF Hughton and the management team thought they could justify his fee and wages and his attitude was right, I would back it.... I just wouldn''t be putting it on my shirt.

[quote user="Herman "]He had plenty of time to keep them up. It would have been hard but not impossible.

A masterstroke would have been buying him while they were still up, and him getting the goals to keep them up.[/quote]
I don''t think anybody would have been able to keep them up, I''m more interested in whether he can take them back up. I think it will be difficult because Wigan are my bet for champions, would take the Wigan squad over the QPR squad any day of the week. Reading are very strong too, top six is the best they can hope for.
If Redknapp can''t take QPR back up then think it will be the end of him in football. 

He''s a c@ck, he''s a c@ck, he''s a c@ck.

That''s my intelligent input to this ridiculous thread. Odemwingie, sorry, but no.