Sign in to follow this  
Blurboy1980

Something I don't think about much when thinking of NCFC

Since we have bought more attacking players then what we had last year it makes the other team play a completely different game now. Knowing they can''t just bomb forward leaving one defender alone to watch Holt or Jackson or whoever...We have so much more now with all of the new signings plus Snoddy which should ease the pressure on the defense which should bode better for us....

I know I am stating the obvious but people tend to forget about now what the opponent has to do defensively when they face us instead of only what we need to do. Now more teams are going to have to play how we did against a lot of teams by hoping for a draw against us.

Good Times ahead :)

If so, I hope the manager takes advantage of the opposition''s lack of intent. There were a couple or more games last year with both sides seeming determined to play for a draw that were boring as boring can be. Frustrating too.

I would be very surprised if we played more offensively than last season. Safety first under Hughton. Take the point and hope you nick a win.

We may have upgraded some of the players, which may mean better ball retention and creating/converting more chances, but survival is still the be all and end all for Hughton and being compact, organised and conservative is his surest way of achieving that again.

I mean none of this as a criticism.