Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Is there any money for new players?.

Because after reading old Doomcaster''s words on the pink un, I''m not so sure.

Ok, he''s pledged that all monies raised from future player sales will all go Nigel, so far, great.

But, what if Worthy has decided that after his latest culling, Edworthy and Co, that he doesn''t want anyone else to leave, and they don''t want to move either, how much then has he got?.

Doomcaster''s been very vague in all this, surely there''s other money available to Worthy, other than money raised from player future sales at his disposal, if not, we''re in a right old mess!.  

There must be some money without sales. Otherwise why would Worthy have a mini clear out - five have gone or are available. He knows, and we know, that our squad last year was too small, and we ran into trouble once there were several injuries.Surely Worthy couldn''t be so stupid, and even if we can have more loan players in the Championship, surely we can''t have five plus. Or is he gambling on Bosmans?No, there is surely some money available. although not as much as we would like.

If he dont sell anyone then we will have a team that was just one point of premiership survival. So with confidence and the right attitude i still believe its possible.

It clearly states that the club have made a certain amount of money avaliable for rebuilding-irrespective of any player exits. Any money raised is in addition to what Worthy has been given. I''m surprised that people didn''t think we would have any money avaliable after a season of careful spending in the prem, 2 years ago we couldn''t compete with West Brom cos they had the parachute money, we are now in that position ourselves.

Did anyone actually expect Doncaster to come out and say "We have £5m to strengthen the squad during the summer..." ?

David O''Leary has found out that revealing your transfer kitty is a very stupid thing to do; transfer fees suddenly double in price...

We don''t have to sell, that''s the important thing...and if the right player comes along at the right price, we''re in a position to spend.

The released players free up wages that are now available for anyone coming in on free transfers or loan. It''s not all about buying them out of contracts.

Having made £19.5m this season, we''d better have quite a few bob to spend on players or else a lot of people will be distinctly unhappy, particularly those who didn''t cash in their shares around Xmas.  

Sure I saw somewhere Worthington said that he would be able to strengthen even if he didn''t sell/cull.

I like the ''spend what you earn'' quote.  Will we be seeing Messers. Worthington, Foley and Livermore busking on London Street?

If we don''t have a good few million to spend this summer, I''ll be slightly annoyed.  It''s obvious (regardless of what Nige says) that more players will leave between now and the end of the season.  If Greeno, Helveg, Doc, WLY and Damo are in a Norwich shirt on August 12th, I''d be suprised.  Therefore, our squad is going to be seriously dented.  We need to buy quality 1st Div players to get us up again

Agreed DD, there has got to be money lying around somewhere for Worthy to spend.

I dont really think the released players have actually freed up any significant wage bills, i doubt none of them were on that much to be honest.