Sign in to follow this  
Two penneth

Russell Martin 'going in hard'

For Scotland against England tomorrow. He has just been speaking to Holty on Radio Cumbria. If there''s a fifty fifty tackle in the first few minutes he will smash it because if not thousands of Scott''s will be on his back.

I can see why Hughton was not impressed by the timing of this so called friendly.

The possibility of injuries to players is a concern.

Why do people keep talking about this friendly as if its England''s fault? And not just on here.

And also many seem to completley ignore we aren''t the only team with international players.... What if Martin goes on hard on Baines and twists his ankle?

Quite Right too! get stuck in Russ! you are playing for your country and should show the same passion you do fir city..

if you kick Theo Walcott in the air, Good!

[quote user="Bill Car"]90% of the time the player going in hard isn’t the one to get injured.[/quote]

Really? Paul Gascoigne might disagree... Gary Charles in 1991

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Why do people keep talking about this friendly as if its England''s fault? And not just on here.[/quote]Correct me if I''m wrong GP, but I thought it was the FA who arranged international friendlies (with the assistance of FIFA) and if this is the case, then surely this is ABSOLUTELY ''Englands'' fault?These friendlies ARE meaningless, because 90% of the time it''s the same old players who''ve consistently failed to perform who get called up (especially when their club form has been dire as well e.g. Downing), and the manager learns nothing new and neither do the players for that matter (other than how they are STILL not able to play together as a team).A classic example of this is how Rooney has been called up for today - hasn''t played a proper minute of pre-season so far, was on relatively poor form last season, hasn''t performed properly for England for donkey''s years, and is currently entangled in a club dispute which WILL affect him mentally, yet in he goes again - WHY????It''s about god damn time we had a manager who selects players purely on merit (and not which clubs they play for in general), who encourages them to play as a team rather than 11 individuals thrown together, and enforces rules that will bring some pride back to being selected for your country. Players who consistently pull out of games with some mystery illness or injury (that bizarrely clears up just in time for their next club game) should be consistently NOT selected going forwards until they stop doing it, even if this means that ''big name'' players are dropped in the process, as then at least the guys who are getting selected will actually give a damn!The whole situation stinks to high heaven, and England as an international side are a total joke these days.

Think you will find Indy that this is an international week in the fifa calendar meanng england have to play.

Its actually good that they are playing scotland so it minimises travel etc for both sides.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Bill Car"]90% of the time the player going in hard isn’t the one to get injured.[/quote]

Really? Paul Gascoigne might disagree... Gary Charles in 1991[/quote]

I’m no mathematician, but he probably fits into that 10% column.