Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Brigham

Favourite Norwich winger

"My ''inference'' was that Suffolk is foreign to Norfolk born people like yourself"

more presumption on your partwho said where I was born ?

[quote user="City1st"]"My ''inference'' was that Suffolk is foreign to Norfolk born people like yourself"

more presumption on your partwho said where I was born ?[/quote]
Suffolk?
Binner! 
Now it all makes sense, Hitler was a homosexual with Jewish heritage,

Hucks is the obvious although i grew up on Barham and Gordon whom i both admired, but one that no-one has mentioned is Dave Bennett, career cut short by injury but was fairly handy and chipped in with a few goals

And of course former US international and current Fox Soccer analyst Eric Wynalda''s choice, as he makes clear every time he comments on Norwich, is Snaaaaahhdgrass.

yeah, pretty sure after this thread, Gingerpele top 5 worst posters of all time.

your ability to derail a thread and write essays worth of total garbage to satisfy some bizarre compulsion to win trivial arguments is absolutely unrivalled.

I have done this before....over looked Mark Barham, right up ther definately...and also I have been reminded of David Phillips who had a really good spell with us including some barnstorming shots and goals. 

Brilliant. Somehow this thread has gone from a light hearted look at favourite wingers to accusations of racism and xenophobia. Hitler has been mentioned.

Seriously guys, if your need to win even the most trivial of arguments can lead to this you need to take a look at yourselves.

As for the shouts of Neil Adams, spot on. Great crosser with superb accuracy.

It has to be be Fox, started watching city in 92-93, and he was your typical winger in those days. direct, speed and could cross to big men upfront, Sutton / Newman, thats the type of winger style we need at city and I agree with some posters, Snodgrass is not far off that but just missing that extra pace...Snodgrass has a gift for crossing and dead ball skills are quality!

Had a quick look and haven''t seen him mentioned, but Keith O''Neill was one of my favourites. Unfortunately, another who had massive injury problems...

[quote user="Snoddys Jockstrap"]yeah, pretty sure after this thread, Gingerpele top 5 worst posters of all time.

your ability to derail a thread and write essays worth of total garbage to satisfy some bizarre compulsion to win trivial arguments is absolutely unrivalled.[/quote]

I really really really don''t care what you think mate. I''m not trying to win trivial arguments you illogical troll. Please leave me alone as you clearly have no clue what so ever. And where exactly is your relevant input into this thread? Apart from the complete GARBAGE (that you claim I write) calling Pilks Whack. Which i''m sure nearly every other Norwich fan will disagree with. Inconsistent, yes, goes missing in some games, yes. Whack? Never in a million years. You''re a troll, get back in Snoddy''s pants and stay there.

Jonzey at it as well. With the winning or trivial arguments. Don''t even care if that was aimed completely at City1st and New Boy and not me at all (although I suspect it was).

Why can''t people reply and have a ''heated'' discussion without someone else coming in and having a go at them for trying to ''win'' a trivial argument? Its just bizarre.

Reading Canary;

Love this;

Snodgrass. Just wish he had a bit more pace and released the ball earlier on more occasions.

Now I know the question was, "Who is your favourite winger" which of course means he could be your favourite because he''s your brother or something similar, however in my universe I would say a player is my favourite because he was the best, or damn close to it, so you gave me a good laugh by picking Snoddy and then saying you just wished he had a bit more pace and released the ball earlier, prime requisites of a top class winger one would think and the one thing I can probably guarantee you is that over the next few years he won''t gain any pace!

Thanks Reading Canary, you brightened my day.

Having seen what I have seen of young Mr Redmond, if we were asked this question in a few years time his name may well be the first on everyone''s list. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Charlie Crickmore for me. Combining on the left with the cultured Alan Black. Happy days [;)]

[/quote]

Yay, glad Charlie got a mention - lightning quick as I remember.

Kenny Foggo and Hucks stand out....

For me, it''s a toss-up between Hucks, Eadie, Bobby Brennan, Errol Crossan, Bill Punton, and Jimmy Neighbour, but I guess I''m just showing my age.

Oh, and I almost forgot (age again), Mark Barham.

A bit like your first love I''d say you always have a soft spot for those players from when you were growing up. So i''d have to say Eadie although I also remember hoping both he and Keith O''Neil would finally both be fit and playing in the same team. Of course singing Iwan Roberts to feed off the service was just magic. Mind you, we all know how that turned out in the first season!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Ruel Fox

Simply brilliant! he did things with the ball that i never thought possible as a 10 year old.[/quote]Thought he was older.Ken Foggo, but shows me age.

[quote user="Ray"]

Reading Canary;

Love this;

Snodgrass. Just wish he had a bit more pace and released the ball earlier on more occasions.

Now I know the question was, "Who is your favourite winger" which of course means he could be your favourite because he''s your brother or something similar, however in my universe I would say a player is my favourite because he was the best, or damn close to it, so you gave me a good laugh by picking Snoddy and then saying you just wished he had a bit more pace and released the ball earlier, prime requisites of a top class winger one would think and the one thing I can probably guarantee you is that over the next few years he won''t gain any pace!

Thanks Reading Canary, you brightened my day.

Having seen what I have seen of young Mr Redmond, if we were asked this question in a few years time his name may well be the first on everyone''s list. 

[/quote]I wouldn''t necessarily say that a "favourite" should mean "the best"One of my favourite players in the prem in recent years has been Fernando Torres.He is certainly not "the best" striker in the league but I find his story fascinating. One of the most promising premier league players in years getting a £50 million pound move to Chelsea only to find it increasingly hard to achieve his previous form.However every now and then, he scores that crucial goal (like against Barcelona) and you can''t help but feel happy for himAnother of my favourite players is Wes Hoolahan. Again he is by far not perfect but his attitude and dedication to the team is always top notch. Every now and then he does one of those stupid short freekicks or loses the ball easily but he has also proved vital for us on many occasion"Favourite" can mean a lot of things to a lot of different people