Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Brigham

Favourite Norwich winger

Snodgrass. Just wish he had a bit more pace and released the ball earlier on more occasions.He will certainly develop in the next few years though

I know it''s opinion, but how can anyone have Snodgrass as their favourite Norwich winger of all time?

Huckerby by a country mile for me. Pilks second, Mark Rivers third ;) as a fan since 2000.

When I first started going regularly in the 1984/5 season, Dale Gordon had just broken into the first team and as a teenager I was dead impressed by his little step overs and jinking runs....he is certainly up there for me.

Eadie for me. Worshipped him growing up, first player on the back of my shirt and remember being so excited to meet him at Trowse. Hucks 2nd only because I''d grown up a bit and wasn''t idolising players quite so much.

1. Huckerby. Best player ever, let alone winger.

2. Eadie. Brilliant player, shame he left us and got crocked.

3. Ruel Fox. Reminds me of when I first started to go to games. Such a tricky player. I remember him coming back from injury and turning the full back for whoever we were playing, possibly Spurs, inside out all match. Superb.

[quote user="Jonzey"]  2. Eadie. Brilliant player, shame he left us and got crocked.  [/quote]
Think it was more of a case of leaving us because he was crocked, £3m for a player who already had a very bad injury was good business. He came back from serious injury played a few games and then we cashed in when we had the chance, was good business. 
Would have loved to have seen Eadie and Huckerby playing in the same team, and can remember talk of it happening but Eadie decided he was completely done. Very close between those two for me, both very loyal too - Eadie went because we wanted to sell him. 

Dale Gordon now out here in Dubai was excellent and I too remember his step over as I do many other great wingers. We have had many over the years, my first memory of a winger playing for us was Kenny Foggo........Kenny Foggo, Kenny Foggo on the wing. I used to get Birthday Cards signed from him and Peter Sylvester......only to find out a few years later that my Dad had signed them. Jimmy Neighbour wasnt bad either, and Donowa encouraged by Mike Channon had some great matches too. Such a good question and so many to choose from......Fox, Eadie, Huckerby, Snodgrass....many more including Pilkington, Elliot Bennett who I really dont think we have seen the best of yet....and now we have Redmond....oh, and Neil Adams made a good contribution, one of the best consistent crossers we have had I think.

BUT, best winger who I can recall had the BIGGEST impact for us and who consistently was the difference/match winner, has to go to DARREN HUCKERBY...he is one of the few players who deserve a category above "legend".       

David Phillips was always a 7/10 every game. Very consistent without being "flashy". Also think Mark Barham deserves a mention, particularly when Martin o Neill was playing for us as he got the best out of him.

In terms of sheer talent, Hucks and then Eadie, but Dale Gordon possibly had the most influence at the highest level, followed by Ruel ... both did it as part of City teams in the top six of the top flight.

But an honourable mention to Mark Barham. Less obvious talent but an important part of our yo-yo spell 83-86, who even played for England on some weird summer tour of Australia.

yeh dale gordoni think it was the combination of the number 7, the tache, and the fact he was so clearly awesome they based jules/samuel l jacksons hair on him in pulp fiction

gordoneadiefox

How is it ''hypocritical''? pilks has been here longer and done more...

He''s also not one of my candidates, he''s second choice. Hucks is first by a country mile. And in the past 12 seasons how many more would you say are better than Pilks? croft? Brennan? Easton? Henderson? Kevin Harper?

And I didn''t criticise ''people''. I said I didn''t understand how people could have him as their favourite Norwich winger of all time, if you actually use your brain and think about at comment it''s fairly logical to assume I am assuming more than one season of support. Also Snodgrass spent 2/3rd of last season whinging. Pilks is not whack. And you are extremely illogical and quite hilarious.

"but how can anyone have Snodgrass as their favourite Norwich winger of all time"

the clue is in the word ............ favourite

though the qualification ''of all time'' is rather silly as well - who has seen all the Norwich wingers ''of all time''

my choice of my time would be Foggo, if only for the effect he had on the crowd