Sign in to follow this  
Canary02 IV

Johan Elmander

Don''t know where people at getting the idea he failed in the prem. wasn''t great in first season, but improved and in his third and final season he was great.

Young ad hungry ''transfer policy'' doesn''t apply to every player. Turner? And he was one of our best and most consistent last season. Even Bassong.

How do you know Elmander''s motivation? We, and most other bottom half teams won''t be paying him more than the Turkish champs an afford based on their squad strength. He may want to play in this league again as he feels its right for him. So is ''hungry'' and he has proven PL experience and a double figure goals tally in a season in this league, more than our other three strikers.

I definitely wouldn''t mind him here! He''s a good player, and we need some height and some force up front as back up. El Hamdaoui would be much better imho , but why not? If the price is right...

[quote user="Fleckys Flip-Flop"]I don''t understand all this "we need a target man" malarky. We have Becchio. He is taller than Holty![/quote]

I think if the Elmander story is true, and he signs, then it probably signals the end of Becchio''s time at Norwich.

I think he is worth a punt for that kind of money and would be a better option IMO than becchio.

Personally wouldn''t mind us looking at marvin emnes at Middlesbrough. Linked with Swansea at present

Elmander has just tweeted this (direct translation)..

@ Elmander_9: To Norwich fans began to follow me. A signal is not good at all: (

Not too sure what that means?

I wouldn''t be that upset if he came here, decent if uninspiring signing.

Seriously makes you wonder what Becchio has done wrong though? Did he sleep with Hughton''s Mrs or something??!!

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]At 32 he could be a useful ''Wilbraham'' type signing?...[/quote]

...how''s about we go one better?  what is Wibraham doing ? Is he available on a free?

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Starting for Sweden today.[/quote]

Some bloke called Ibrahimovic has scored a couple for Sweden. Not a name I know. Woud he be a cheaper option instead of Elmander?

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Elmander has just tweeted this (direct translation)..

@ Elmander_9: To Norwich fans began to follow me. A signal is not good at all: (

Not too sure what that means?[/quote]

I would take that to mean ...

''To the Norwich fans who have started following me - the signs [for a transfer] don''t look good ... sorry''.

PLEASE let us not sign Elmander. I''d much prefer our fourth striker to be Carlton Morris to be honest - that would serve our club better in the long term. He plays a mature game for his age which should translate to first team football well and he has potential to improve if given the chance. If the only choice is between nothing or signing Elmander, I''d choose nothing all day long.