Sign in to follow this  
Block Y Seat 176

Mr M Oliver Esq ref Saturday!

At least Grant Holt won''t be playing!

(On a point of etiquette, Haisbrohacker, you don''t need the "Mr" if you''re going to use "Esq.")

[quote user="Foghorn"]At least Grant Holt won''t be playing! (On a point of etiquette, Haisbrohacker, you don''t need the "Mr" if you''re going to use "Esq.")[/quote]

Foghorn, is the rule the same if he meant "Master Oliver?"   [:D]

Oh brilliant [:|]

He''s ruined enough games in the past.... anyone want my season ticket for saturday?!

*Please note that I will actually be attending so my season ticket isnt up for sale for this fixture. Thanks* [;)]

I know we did badly with him as the ref last season, Fulham on the opening day being the obvious candidate, but I can''t remember him giving any bad decisions against us last season.  We certainly couldn''t blame him for the defeat at Fulham.

No doubt someone will remind me of a howler he made...

Well, if you want one of his "howlers", try the Grant Holt sending off at Reading, when we were 3-0 up and cruising, just before half-time. Reading came to get an undeserved draw.

Young Oliver got fast-tracked as a referee to the Elite list (and I wouldn''t for one moment suggest it was because his father was a senior referee on the referees committee).

He hasn''t got any better with time.

YankeeCanary, yes, there is no need for the title (of any sort) if you use "Esq." Of course, if the person is a "Sir" or a "Lord" or other such title, you wouldn''t use "Esq" anyway.

He is in Stockholm tonight... He acctually looked a litle bit scared when he shook Ibrahimivic´s hand before the game. And just now he gives a penalty to Norway.

[quote user="Calle"]He actually looked a litle bit scared

[/quote]

That''s his problem, he''s a rabbit in the headlights just like Andy D''urso was many years ago. Not good enough to officiate at this level, he seems to have no belief in his own decision making.

Come on now wazzock, you should know as well as what I do if he isn''t good enough to referee at this level then he wouldn''t be...pure and simple

Unless, of course, he had some nepotistic help - but that couldn''t happen, could it, refjezdavies???