Sign in to follow this  
Irn Bru Canary

England v Scotland

This fixture brings back lots of childhood memories. Watched some archive matches on BBC last night and it made me cry to see some of the exceptional players we used to have. Come on Snoddy, Martin and Whittaker. And don''t forget to bring the goalposts home.

anyone heard this....rather funny. from 2010 I was looking up England Scotland songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsvcDmerLGE

btw I was born in England, dad also but alllll my close family and Mums side is Scottish. So lots of emotions tomrrow...Some of you might know my cousin he use to do Sports 5 Live...Dominik Diamond but he moved to Canada now. Most people hated him lol

Lets hope its a decent game and I think Scotland will be ready for a battle, lets hope England turn up for a poor timing match ahead of the premier league opening games. I will be cheering on Scotland and our Norwich Boys, will be good banter back in the city changing rooms if one of our Scots boys scores against Ruddy in goal!!!

Games Master was my favourite show for years! You''re related to celebrity royalty as far as I''m concerned.

As for the game. England to stuff the Scots. This ain''t no friendly!

Nowadays I have a lack of commitment to the cause of England.  Which largely comes from the lack of commitment shown by English players on the pitch over the last few years.

I suspect tonight we''ll see a lot of the England players concerned to avoid injury at the start of the season, so the Scots could win this one.

I can''t believe people want Scotland to win because some of our players are Scotch...!!!!

When Glasgow Rangers had Woods, Butcher, Trevor Steven etc can you HONESTLY imagine any Rangers fan posting "Och, I hope the English give us a reet pasting because wee Trevor is playing...."

No.

And although we are let down time and again by our national team and the press who incessantly talk them up to be better than they are, put simply this is a game where you have to support your country.

I hope England win 15-0 and all NCFC players come back feeling fully fit and not at all jaded by their exertions.

Ideally,Snoddy to get a hat trick but Whittaker and Martin play well for Scotland,no blame attached to them for any of England''s 4 goals in a 4-3 win. ;-)

No I don''t think Rangers fans cheered for England when the had some England players because I assume at that time they had even more Scotch internationals.

Nobody needs to wine. I know scotch is an adult beverage.

I hate the England national team based around the players, poor selection and just the fact that the press thinks we are world beaters where in reality we are a good challenge for San Marino.I gave up watching internationl football years ago, now I enjoy watching Germany play because they have thier act together and a national team to be proud of.That said, not a fan of Scotland, but given the NCFC interest I will be cheering for  Scotland all the way"Och the ball Citeh ";)

Come on you Canary Jocks! I''d like to see a free-flowing exciting game, with something like a 3-3 draw as the result. It would be good if at least one of  Martin, Snoddy or Whittaker could score. I hope Ruddy gets his chance in goal too. Does anybody know if he''s expected to start tonight?

[quote user="nulli secundus"]Ideally,Snoddy to get a hat trick but Whittaker and Martin play well for Scotland,no blame attached to them for any of England''s 4 goals in a 4-3 win. ;-)[/quote]

I''m neutral, sitting on the fence on this (will be off to see the mighty Magyars vs. the Czechs), but I was wondering about a similar scenario. How about Snoddy to score a hat-trick to Hart, then comes Ruddy to save the day and England''s pride, maybe even to score the winner? (Injury time free kick taken from the middle of own half and picked up by the wind?)

It just wouldn''t feel right supporting the likes of John Terry and Shrek tonight over our NCFC boys, and tbh England means nothing to me compared to NCFC so I''ll just be hoping all our boys come through tonights game injury free. I do feel attitudes towards the national game have changed in recent years, everyone used to really look forward to England playing but nowadays I find most people find England games an irritant that gets in the way of the ''proper stuff'' I.e domestic football fixtures.

[quote user="nulli secundus"]Ideally,Snoddy to get a hat trick but Whittaker and Martin play well for Scotland,no blame attached to them for any of England''s 4 goals in a 4-3 win. ;-)[/quote]

With all the goals being conceded by Joe Hart in the first half and a clean sheet from Ruddy in the second

England to stuff the sweaty socks with our boys all having good games despite the thrashing. Mind you our lot will probably be their usual pathetic selves.

I couldn''t care less about who wins tonight. I lost my interest in England a long time ago and I the ''national rivalry'' doesn''t affect me. I don''t see why we just can''t get along and be british...

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]

now I enjoy watching Germany play because they have thier act together and a national team to be proud of.

[/quote]

Obviously you have not noticed that they have a smattering of players who are Polish by birth and one with Turkish parents which has helped them along the way.

No wonder we have little pride in our nation with posters egging on the Jocks and now a German fan. As I said on another thread a few days back if England were playing an Assad X1 managed by Robert Mugabe I can tell you here and now who the Jocks would be supporting.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]

now I enjoy watching Germany play because they have thier act together and a national team to be proud of.[/quote]

Obviously you have not noticed that they have a smattering of players who are Polish by birth and one with Turkish parents which has helped them along the way.

No wonder we have little pride in our nation with posters egging on the Jocks and now a German fan. As I said on another thread a few days back if England were playing an Assad X1 managed by Robert Mugabe I can tell you here and now who the Jocks would be supporting.

If Mugabe had 3 Norwich players starting I would be supporting them !!

[/quote]

Why Oh Why do we have to suffer Roy Keane on ITV, what''s an arrogant, aggressive Irishman got to do with the Auld enemy game?? ITV''s coverage of football is appalling.

OTBC

I don''t see why we aren''t all just united as brits. It''s always seemed odd to me that we don''t have a british football team.

That''s twice now that Snodgrass has had a dig at Whittaker on that right side. Keep an eye on that.

Bring Ruddy on, goalie error. 1-0