Sign in to follow this  
treacletown07

Car parking for White Hart Lane

Had an absolute nightmare parking there last season, entered London about 90 mins before kick off, traffic was awful. Sat in traffic out side the ground with about 20 mins left and all the car parks were showing signs saying full, one even changed the sign from open to closed when we were the front of the queue to go in, ended up getting some help off a spurs fan parking on a side road about half a mile away and running to the game. Ended up missing about 5 mins.

Best piece of advice, as said above, go on the train. If not get there VERY early.

There''s parking available on a school playground opposite the ground and further down the road on other private land. However, it costs about £10 to park there and you can''t leave until the road is open again once the ground empties and takes forever to get out.

If you want to drive most of the way, look at parking somewhere close to Theobalds Grove station just off J25 of the M25 (A10).  It''s only 13 minutes from White Hart Lane station and ample free street parking in a semi-decent area within 5 minutes walk from the station (a friend use to live on Cecil Road that has no parking restrictions and 2 minutes away).

Not the same place I know but when I went to Arsenal away (the 3 all game) I parked at somewhere called Theydon Bois and got the train in that way.

I got to TB at about 3 hours before the game and made it to the Emirates easily. Might do it when I go to Spurs.

Perhaps I can help with this one, since I have to drive to WHL a lot during the season. It is easily the worst ground in London, both in terms of finding somewhere to park and in terms of getting away through the traffic afterwards.

If you have to drive all the way, get there as early as you can manage and head for Weir Hall Road (look on Google maps or similar). The North end of this road is free and not too far a walk.

Almost everywhere else is residents only, or maximum of an hour or so.

I would strongly advise against using one of the carparks, such as the one on Tottenham High Road near the ground. Seriously, you''ll grow a beard waiting to get out afterwards.

The advice earlier in this thread about parking on the way into London and getting a train is by far the most practical.

Overground, the station is White Hart Lane.

If you want to use the tube, you need to aim for Seven Sisters station on the Victoria Line. It''s two miles from the ground but a straight walk -- and good fun after NCFC have won.

[quote user="Nicko"]Why the hell would you even consider driving to London?[/quote]Not everyone lives in Norwich, so often easier to just get in the car than make it to a train station.

Maybe if one of the group of fans that you are travelling with  has a walking disability ?

Besides it is your own personal choice on how you travel.

I am fed up with always having to treat London as a special case.