Sign in to follow this  
Johnny_Bravo

Squad Numbers?

It doesn''t seem so, not officially but the players seem to have been using squad number in the friendlies. I looked on the main site earlier and it still had last season''s kit-photos up, with gaps for all those guys who''ve left and nothing for those who have joined - I guess team photos and pen-pics haven''t been done yet.

Odd with all the new signings. Revenue from shirt sales with names and numbers is, I guess, a good source of income?

I did notice Hooper was 28 which, from what I remember, was Bunn''s squad number last season. I take it he''s not bringing 88 with him?!

2. Russell Martin
3. Steven Whittaker
4. Bradley Johnson
5. Sebastien Bassong
6. Michael Turner
7. Robert Snodgrass
8. Jonny Howson
9. Ricky van Wolfswinkel
10. Leroy Fer
11. Gary Hooper
12. Anthony Pilkington
13. Mark Bunn
14. Wes Hoolahan
17. Elliott Bennett
18. Javier Garrido
19. Luciano Becchio
20. Carlo Nash
21. Jacob Butterfield
22. Nathan Redmond
23. Martin Olsson
24. Ryan Bennett
25. David Fox
26. Daniel Ayala
27. Alex Tettey

Does this mean all listed players will be staying next season? If so, there is only room for one more signing (Redmond doesn''t count in the 25). If a player is likely to be sold/loaned, surely they wouldn''t be given a number.

Interestingly, assuming Fox and Ayala are both set to be in the 25, that leaves only one over 21 spot for any new signings.

Say anything about our chances of signing a new striker/defender? Can''t imagine another young player is whats wanted at CB with Bennett and Ayala, maybe our striker search has headed to the loan/youngster market now.

I think Ayala and Butterfield are only listed as they''re in the category of "will do until we replace them". If we can''t get another CB and no 10 we''ll take them into the season. Even if we sign someone on deadline day they could still be loaned out to the Championship until Jan when they could move permanently. The 25 isn''t finalised until Sept.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Does this mean all listed players will be staying next season? If so, there is only room for one more signing (Redmond doesn''t count in the 25). If a player is likely to be sold/loaned, surely they wouldn''t be given a number.[/quote]I would be surprised if Paeyalla stays, likewise Fox Shirt numbers don''t necessarily mean they will be part of the 25 man squad.At this stage the club will be holding onto them until other players are brought in. Keeping them is far easier than signing the right players, even though that could mean having to pay part of their wages for the remainder of their contract if they don''t leave by the end of the transfer window.However as with goalkeepers the club has shown that it will spend to keep enough back up, so I doubt they will go just yet.

This time last year James Vaughan was given a new squad number (19 from memory) before being shipped out on loan to Huddersfield

If Fox goes on loan then that will only be with a view to making a permanent move as he is either up to what we need, or not.If it is the latter then I doubt any loan spell is going to help in his development, as with players like Rudd.

Still seems odd to leave 15/16 empty and number beyond 26 (25 + 1 U21)

Maybe we are planning on signing 1 more plus a youngster. Otherwise surely would give 26/27 as 15/16 even if someone is shipped out.