Sign in to follow this  
snake-eyes

Wellbeck MOM

As an outsider I must say that England wont win anything while they keep players like Welbeck as their starters.

He is good player if you can play him as a role of hard worker and trust that you get goals somewhere else, but when England almost only have Rooney to give them goal threat it is waste to keep Welbeck wasting one slot from the attackers.

Ofc we know that Hogdson wont use any attacking tactics ( I know as he has coached Finland too ) and mayby Welbeck fits perfectly his plans, but fact is that without big luck ( Greece big EC luck ) England wont archieve anything before they start to take well pondered risks and land more profilic players on the field instead of all around average players who gives you low risk, low profit.

Wellbeck is a far better player for England than he is for his club.   For united he looks and does perform very averagely and unlike the lampards, defoes terrys of this world he steps up for england and looks classy,  opposed to looking world class for club against average opposition.   Ferdinand and campbell were two more who looked better stepping up to international football.

Everytime I have seen him for england he has impressed with his movement and ability.  Deserved motm. 

I dispise the England set-up at the moment.Players hand picked from big clubs.On Form players from unfashionable clubs left outUnwillingness to drop the ''Big named'' players when they are not playing wellManufactured footballers like Cleverly, Wilshire, Walcott, Ox-Cham.The English mentality of ''Welbeck does alot for the team'' He''s playing striker, his job is to score goals.The Premier League ruining the National team, either we enjoy the Premier League and be withdrawn to the fact that we are just another ''Ireland, Scotland, Wales'' Or we bring back the 3 Oversea''s player rule and start slowly developing our international team.How can Man City be allowed to pick the best young English players, without having any intention to play them, just to fill up their ''English Quota''  I swear had Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar been English, they''d probably be working in a call centre now.

CDMullins, yeah just like they do in Spain, Germany and Netherlands! ... oh they dont do that.

It is not about premier league, it is about coaching and playing style. How much better is Belgian league than Championship? I would say it is better, but not that far and I think both have quite much equal ammount of foreign players (I have no facts about this so feel free to lecture me)

Why is Belgian football rising fast then and England isnt? They adopted modern and similar playing style from their youth to adult national team and revamped whole youth coaching and league system.

It is excuse to blame premier league when really FA in England is to blame.

[quote user="Lavanche"]CDMullins, yeah just like they do in Spain, Germany and Netherlands! ... oh they dont do that.

It is not about premier league, it is about coaching and playing style. How much better is Belgian league than Championship? I would say it is better, but not that far and I think both have quite much equal ammount of foreign players (I have no facts about this so feel free to lecture me)

Why is Belgian football rising fast then and England isnt? They adopted modern and similar playing style from their youth to adult national team and revamped whole youth coaching and league system.

It is excuse to blame premier league when really FA in England is to blame.[/quote]English Players in the squad atMan City - 8Chelsea - 5Arsenal - 4Man Utd - 8Spanish Players in the squad atBarcelona - 15Real Madrid - 13German Players in squad atMunich - 13Dortmund - 17Dutch atAjax - 12PSV - 16You can talk about tactics and styles all you want, but if the majority of the teams in the English top division is flooded with oversea''s played then the National team is going to suffer

Im with Zippersleftfoot on this one, and from what I saw of the match, missed some due to dodgy stream, Welbeck looked the best player on the park last night and he rarely has a bad game for England. I wasnt impressed with the overall England performance to be honest, but thought Welbeck and also Walcock put in good shifts, unlike Hart who really does look dodgy, whats happened to him?