Sign in to follow this  
NWC

BT Sport Premier League Show

... or whatever its called.2 out of the 4 "Star" pundits, messers Owen and James, have us to be relegated in 18th place.Jake was not happy!

[quote user="NWC"]... or whatever its called.2 out of the 4 "Star" pundits, messers Owen and James, have us to be relegated in 18th place.Jake was not happy![/quote]Didn''t Owen say Liverpool would finish 4th and James say he didn''t watch a single game last year?

3 of the 4 pundits (all ex-Liverpool players which explains it) had Liverpool down to finish 4th

Michael Owen said himself in that programme that instead of asking the questions, Jake would have to answer them as he was the only one there who knew anything about us. Was disappointed they have us to go down without really knowing alot.

Don''t worry about it.

There were plenty on here tipping us for relegation last season after we''d played 34 games so it isn''t that surprising that outsiders fancy as to go down before we''ve kicked a ball.

In truth, Liverpool finishing 4th and us going down COULD both happen. I think it''s unlikely but it COULD happen.

Like Warren said, don''t worry about it.

In truth, there may be an ex-player or pundit who offers some reasoned thinking as to why they predict our finishing position being so low down. It COULD happen, I think it''s highly unlikely, but it COULD happen.

You just have to accept that we will always be a backwater, small, uninteresting, family club in the eyes of most of the football world.

It doesn''t matter how many years we stay up or how much money we spend we have been forever categorised as an unfashionable club which has usurped the spot of teams like Leeds, Forest, Blackburn and even Derby, Middlesbrough and Wednesday from the top table.

As TV pundits now seem to be ex-footballers largely picked from the top clubs it isn''t surprising that they are ignorant at best and disinterested at worst about our Norfolk team.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

Don''t worry about it.

There were plenty on here tipping us for relegation last season after we''d played 34 games so it isn''t that surprising that outsiders fancy as to go down before we''ve kicked a ball.

In truth, Liverpool finishing 4th and us going down COULD both happen. I think it''s unlikely but it COULD happen.

[/quote]Compare the Norwich and Liverpool squads I think that it''s nearly as likely that we will finish 4th and Liverpool will get relegated. [;)]

On the plus side, Garry Neville has us down as a team to watch:

''Chris Hughton is an organised coach but Norwich flirted with danger last season because of an inability to score goals.

They have worked hard  this summer to put that right  by paying a club-record £8.5million fee for Dutch striker Ricky van Wolfswinkel and signing Gary Hooper from Celtic.

I’m not predicting Champions League football for Norwich but I expect them to do better than last year.''

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2389052/Gary-Neville-The-Premier-League-needed-Jose-Mourinho-dont-write-David-Moyes.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Glad someone has been paying attention. Neville has turned out to be a surprisingly good pundit. Unlike Owen, who has to be the dullest around. Which is some accolade considering the competition. I can only guess that Owen has a great agent who assures media outlets that he will at some stage say something vaguely of interest. Still waiting, Michael.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Glad someone has been paying attention. Neville has turned out to be a surprisingly good pundit. Unlike Owen, who has to be the dullest around. Which is some accolade considering the competition. I can only guess that Owen has a great agent who assures media outlets that he will at some stage say something vaguely of interest. Still waiting, Michael.[/quote]

This seems to have surprised many. I don''t understand why. He wasn''t naturally that talented, and so had to work hard at the game and think about it, to make the most of his ability. And was a full-back, which involves tactical formations and defensive organisation. That kind of combination often makes good managers/coaches, and pundits as well.

To be fair, I think for a club of our size we punch above our weight in terms of pundits/presenters with Norwich connections. Jake Humphrey and Simon Thomas as presenters, Dion, Hartson, and Ashton, are on telly a fair bit, plus Garth Crooks and Steve Claridge always say nice things about us. Off the telly Paul Macinnes from Football Weekly is a Norwich fan and Phillipe Auclair again is always positive about us.Its generally just the famously stupid pundits who write us off.

owens an absolute tard tbh, hes been blabbering lots of pro liverpool cr@p, how they will be top 4, suarez should stay etc etc when in reality they wont touch man city, utd or chelsea, and have a long way to go to get near spurs or arsenal.top 4 my @r5e

his loyalty is admirable but hes predictable as a pundit, even hansen and shearer have the ability to assess their former clubs with some level of impartiality

he has the charisma of a dead swan and always looked a bit camera shy when hes been on the bbc, up there with matt holland for the cardboard presenter of the year award

[quote user="HerefordCanary"]Michael Owen said himself in that programme that instead of asking the questions, Jake would have to answer them as he was the only one there who knew anything about us. Was disappointed they have us to go down without really knowing alot.[/quote]ye gods !he is supposed to be football punditdid it not occur to him that in the run up to the beginning of a new season he might be asked his thoughts on the 20 clubs involved ?could he have at least not done what many of the others do, and commission someone else to write up some stuff for him ?

One of the only pundits I have respect for is Gary Neville and he had good and positive words to say about NCFC in last weeks Mail on Sunday.

Oh forgot all you lefties would never read the Mail :-)

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]One of the only pundits I have respect for is Gary Neville and he had good and positive words to say about NCFC in last weeks Mail on Sunday.

Oh forgot all you lefties would never read the Mail :-)[/quote]

Au contraire, the Mail is required reading. We have to know what the enemy is thinking, although "thinking" is probably too grandiose a word for it...