Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Fleming and Holt in for fair play award

Latest reports suggest that it is neck and neck between Fleming and Holt to see who gets the Premiership fair play award of the season.  Points are awarded to those players who have made the least amount of tackles and harsh challenges on any of their opponents. 

A spokesman for the club said that it needs a special type of player to be able to go through the whole season with no more than a couple of yellow cards.  When interviewed both players said that it takes a lot of practice to play 90 minutes without making a tackle, and sometimes you can''t help but make contact with your opponent.

The odds must be stacked slightly in favour of Fleming because he played the full 38 games and hardly got a tackle in.  If he does win the award then he will be the second player to be recognised by the Premiership panel, who earlier announced that Huckerby was the most fouled player in the Premiership narrowly beating Ronaldo.

Nigel Worthington said that he should take some of the credit if either of them are given the award, as he regularly played them both knowing that tackling was not part of their game. 

[quote]Latest reports suggest that it is neck and neck between Fleming and Holt to see who gets the Premiership fair play award of the season. Points are awarded to those players who have made the least amo...[/quote]

LOL!

If only it wasnt true....

OTBC

I realise you trying to be lighthearted but enough is enough. I realise your one of those people who has had it in for these players from the beginning but as far as commitment goes they were head and shoulders above many players this season. I don''t know of you actually attended any games this season (except watching it on match of the day) but Ive been to every home game and I can tell you if the rest of the team had there skill and commitment we would be staying up instead of back down to the championship.

[quote]I realise you trying to be lighthearted but enough is enough. I realise your one of those people who has had it in for these players from the beginning but as far as commitment goes they were head and...[/quote]

Skill?

[quote]I realise you trying to be lighthearted but enough is enough. I realise your one of those people who has had it in for these players from the beginning but as far as commitment goes they were head and...[/quote]

hahahahahaha skill

As I have repeatedl said I would be as committed as either of this pair but you wouldnt have wanted me in defence or midfield either - although I would have been as effective as them in some games.

Skill  Although both will be good BACK UP players in the championship.

OTBC 

ahahahhaha!!!!!!

Apparently holt is also up for a dancing award!

[quote]ahahahhaha!!!!!! Apparently holt is also up for a dancing award![/quote]

I guess that explains those strange movements he made during the game when you thought he was going to tackle someone.  It must be some kind of Scottish country dance where your upper body moves but your feet stay still.

[quote]I guess that explains those strange movements he made during the game when you thought he was going to tackle someone. It must be some kind of Scottish country dance where your upper body moves but y...[/quote]

LOL!

Also, he was trying to teach it to Mulryne

But on the night of the lesson holt could find mulryne no-where. So he sets of and lo and behold in KFC there sits mulryne with a family bucket meal for himself and only himself!

Holt ran off and did a little sulky dance to finish and then went to bed