Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

David James' Predictions

Not only will we avoid the drop with ease, I don''t see us dropping below 15th all season. So many teams look set for implosion this year. And one team, Sunderland, will likely explode...literally. BOOM!

Palace, Cardiff, Hull, Sunderland, Stoke have disaster written all over them!

Newcastle have Joe Kinnear to push the self destruct button too.

Top 10 easy this season with a fit Ruddy

The reasoning they give usually goes something like this:

"Too many players added to the squad will cause disruption and dis-harmony, therefore they will not play as a team and will get relegated."

On the other hand if you don''t buy in players:

"They haven''t added enough quality to the squad so they won''t progress and will struggle!"

David James said that our problem was we conceded too many, when our problem was not scoring enough. The defense we had last year had only one player that played reglarly, that had been with us longer than 6 months.  The rest were all new signings that year or the Jan before.

This year all but one has played together for a year now and the one addition is a quality international.  This make a hell of a difference to a defence!

Not only that, but all signings other than Nash are internationals as Senior or U21 level with bags of talent and confidence!

Obviously this must have slipped past Mr Calamity?

Either way if they don''t like you, no matter what you do, they will dismiss you out of hand!  That''s TV Punditry!

I like to think I am pretty grounded with my expectations for us so my preddiction is.....

THIRD behind Chelsea and Citeh LOL! [:P]

Snake

[quote user="snake-eyes"]THIRD behind Chelsea and Citeh LOL! [:P][/quote]THIRD? Are you daft? Your prediction is just as silly as David James''. Get a grip man! [:@]We''re going to win the bloody league. [<:o)]Third, my ass. [;)]

[quote user="PortlandCanary"]I fully expect us to win the Champion''s League, The World Cup and a Nobel Prize this year.[/quote]Portaland you''re forgetting Best Live Act and Irving G. Thalberg Memorial Award.

[quote user="The Frisbee Hyena"][quote user="PortlandCanary"]I fully expect us to win the Champion''s League, The World Cup and a Nobel Prize this year.[/quote]Portaland you''re forgetting Best Live Act and Irving G. Thalberg Memorial Award.[/quote]Where''s Portaland? Somewhere near Sleatle?