Sign in to follow this  
unique

Hall of Shame

The next couple of days will see the so called ''experts'' and long-winded journos lining up to make their predictions for the forthcoming season.

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the enthusiasm with which Norwich are being touted for relegation appears illogical and somewhat dismissive.

The ''experts'' on the Mail online have Norwich way ahead of Cardiff as favourites to go down, although we edge ahead of Sunderland, and I would guess are clearly ahead of Hull and Palace.

So here are the first five hopefully entering the Hall of Shame:-

Jamie Carragher ; Neil Ashton ; Ian Ladyman ; Jeff Powell ; Sam Cunningham.

While I don''t think we will go down I think a lot of posters on here are in line for a bit of a shock this season. We haven''t strengthened all that much and it was touch and go last season. The new signings all look good but as a whole I don''t think the fist 11 looks more than about 10% better than last year given that we have improved 3 starting positions by getting in players who are probably 7 or 8/10 types to replace 6/10 types. The majority of our squad are the 5 or 6/10 players still.A fit Ruddy will make a huge difference. I don''t expect to see Hughton change the team''s style very quickly.My hope is that a lot of the second half of last season was disrupted by a sulking Holt having a big influence on team spirit. We know he had a big influence and that he wanted away.

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]While I don''t think we will go down I think a lot of posters on here are in line for a bit of a shock this season. We haven''t strengthened all that much and it was touch and go last season. The new signings all look good but as a whole I don''t think the fist 11 looks more than about 10% better than last year given that we have improved 3 starting positions by getting in players who are probably 7 or 8/10 types to replace 6/10 types. The majority of our squad are the 5 or 6/10 players still.

[/quote]

And the award for pantwetter of the week before a ball has even been kicked goes to.............

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]While I don''t think we will go down I think a lot of posters on here are in line for a bit of a shock this season. We haven''t strengthened all that much and it was touch and go last season. The new signings all look good but as a whole I don''t think the fist 11 looks more than about 10% better than last year given that we have improved 3 starting positions by getting in players who are probably 7 or 8/10 types to replace 6/10 types. The majority of our squad are the 5 or 6/10 players still.[/quote]

And the award for pantwetter of the week before a ball has even been kicked goes to.............

[/quote]I see it more as being realistic about the improvement in the squad and not forgetting last season. Talks of top 6 etc etc are baseless.14th without looking in danger come March and April would be a good season.